What is really included in a Superdish upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I currently have a D1000 wih a DP twin, DP dual and a DP34 connected to a 721.

If I were to upgrade to a SD 121 for German channels, what would they include all new stuff?

Would I have to give them my D1000 and LNBs?

I assume
1. They would use the DP dual from the D1000
2. Give me a DP44
3. Along with the Dual and FSS LNBs.

Then, I would keep the DP34 and D1000

Am I correct?

Thanks

SD dish comes as a kit. it's all depends on a tech what he decides, if it was me ill put up SD and put in dish 500 for 129 and DP 44 SW and left dish 1000 if you ask for it.

DNS, Retailer?

If DNS came out to your house you would have prepaid a small amount $50-75? or you would be signing a contract 12/18 month. If there is anything else you want now might be the time to get it, HD. After getting to your house to get a full understanding of what is going on we spend about 30-60 mins on the phone to dish to have them put a 44sw on the work order, at which point they might try to charge you more money. After all that is takin care of we figure out where the 121 will work good. Usually would run one wire from 121 to 34sw, remove extra dual replace 34sw and return it.

A retailer would be about the same but they would charge you for the 44sw, almost $200, but with dish you might get it for free.

Sometimes you get what you pay for!!

Last edited:
io_addict. There is NO such thing as a 34sw or 44sw, but typing like that you can sure cause confusion between the SW44, DP34, and DPP44 switches. :cool:

Upgrading to the SD will provide a SD 121 / 105 dish with lnbfs and in your case a dpp44 switch, your D1000 will be taken back as part of the upgrade and you will be given a D300 aimed at 129 and incorporated into the dpp44 along with the SD, this is the only recognized way that Dish themselves will configure a four sat setup. You should contact dish to make them aware that you will require a four sat solution that will require the SD, DPP44, and a D300 otherwise you will most likely get a tech that does not have a DPP44 on his van due to limited availability of these switches.

I upgraded to a Superdish to get internationals. It was installed yesterday. I had 2 500's before (one for 110/119 and the other for 129 HD). The installer installed the superdish to point to 110/119/121. One 500 was left as is pointing to 129. He left the other 500 and the DP34 for me to keep. He installed the DP44 switch. The installer said that all the equipment (except the receivers that I have leased) are my property and I can have it.
They do not charge extra for DP44.

ekans, SD to 110/119/121 w/ DP44 switch is a really nice set-up. I finally got this house hooked up that way. allow me to recommend the German Language Package since you'll now be able to receive these channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)