This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What is the best antenna for Little Rock, AR

agi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 21, 2004
Does anyone knows what is working best in Little Rock, AR? I have heard I would need bi-directional antenna as the towers are in the different directions or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've already gone to antennaweb.org and I know I need LD antenna (red and blue)

agi,

I live in LR and I have a standard, $15 antenna from Radio Shack. I have an HD ready set and I get NBC, CBS and Fox. ABC isn't in HD, so it doesn't matter. If you have DirecTV and are a Tivo fan like me, the Hughes HD Tivo unit should start being available at Circuit City or Best Buy within the next couple of months or so for $999. If you don't mind the expense, I think it's worth it and you won't have to worry about an antenna.

Well I DO have to worry about the antenna as I have VOOM and the local channels are provided via OTA antenna. I'm waiting for an upgraded antenna from them but wanted to know which one works so I know which one to request.

Thanks for the input though.

DirecTV doesn't offer HDTV locals, so you do have to worry about an antenna.

agi,
I am in Little Rock. ABC, CBS & UPN are HD in LR. FOX will be HD by this fall, at the latest. In Little Rock, NBC & PBS stations are digital only - no HD yet.

Little Rock OTA reception is tricky, since there are several low power DTV stations and lots of hilly terrain. Post your 9-digit ZIP Code and I may be able to give you some antennas to try.

Also, see this fairly active LR OTA reception thread

My zip code is 72212-3670

Thanks

agi,
I would try a Channel Master CM 4221 outdoor antenna + CM 7777 VHF/UHF preamp. You can order these from Warrenelectronics.com if you can't find 'em locally.

Start by aiming the antenna South/SouthWest.

You may be able to get:
KTHV-DT (CBS) HD
KLRT-DT (FOX) HD soon
KARK-DT (NBC) SD
KASN-DT (UPN) HD
KATV-DT (ABC) HD

KETS-DT (PBS) reception is difficult, due to extremely low power. They are not HD either.