What is the best antenna for Little Rock, AR

agi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 21, 2004
Does anyone knows what is working best in Little Rock, AR? I have heard I would need bi-directional antenna as the towers are in the different directions or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've already gone to antennaweb.org and I know I need LD antenna (red and blue)

agi,

I live in LR and I have a standard, $15 antenna from Radio Shack. I have an HD ready set and I get NBC, CBS and Fox. ABC isn't in HD, so it doesn't matter. If you have DirecTV and are a Tivo fan like me, the Hughes HD Tivo unit should start being available at Circuit City or Best Buy within the next couple of months or so for $999. If you don't mind the expense, I think it's worth it and you won't have to worry about an antenna.

Well I DO have to worry about the antenna as I have VOOM and the local channels are provided via OTA antenna. I'm waiting for an upgraded antenna from them but wanted to know which one works so I know which one to request.

Thanks for the input though.

If you have DirecTV and are a Tivo fan like me, the Hughes HD Tivo unit should start being available at Circuit City or Best Buy within the next couple of months or so for $999. If you don't mind the expense, I think it's worth it and you won't have to worry about an antenna.
DirecTV doesn't offer HDTV locals, so you do have to worry about an antenna.

agi said:
Does anyone knows what is working best in Little Rock, AR? I have heard I would need bi-directional antenna as the towers are in the different directions or something like that.

I've already gone to antennaweb.org and I know I need LD antenna (red and blue)
agi,
I am in Little Rock. ABC, CBS & UPN are HD in LR. FOX will be HD by this fall, at the latest. In Little Rock, NBC & PBS stations are digital only - no HD yet.

Little Rock OTA reception is tricky, since there are several low power DTV stations and lots of hilly terrain. Post your 9-digit ZIP Code and I may be able to give you some antennas to try.

Also, see this fairly active LR OTA reception thread

agi,
I would try a Channel Master CM 4221 outdoor antenna + CM 7777 VHF/UHF preamp. You can order these from Warrenelectronics.com if you can't find 'em locally.

Start by aiming the antenna South/SouthWest.

You may be able to get:
KTHV-DT (CBS) HD
KLRT-DT (FOX) HD soon
KARK-DT (NBC) SD
KASN-DT (UPN) HD
KATV-DT (ABC) HD

KETS-DT (PBS) reception is difficult, due to extremely low power. They are not HD either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)