What is the best CBand Satellite for temporary viewing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheetah85

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Southern West Virgina
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post here and I am very impressed with your site.

I am in the process of getting my WS1870p 6'ft BUD operational and will not get to install the actuator and positioner box for a couple of weeks.

I can mount it stationary until then and want to experiment and familiarize myself with the elevation on just one satellite until I can get around to installing the actuator and positioner.

I am very familiar with a KU setup as I currently have a WS9036 36" with a sg9120 motor and am very familiar with what is available on KU sats.

Are there any CBand sats that you guys would recommend that I try to aim at that would have a lot of channels to get me by until I complete my actuator setup.

My true south satellite would be 83w but there is not much CBand on it.

I have a SATHERO handheld satellite finder that is awesome and very helpful.

I have to say that I am getting absolutely addicted to this hobby and love it.

well it really depends

87 has ThisTV and MeTV...if you have a DVB-S2 receiver there is affiliate feeds of RTV, Tuff TV, PBJ
99 has the networks, My Network TV and some syndicated feeds
103 has RFD TV and also This & MeTV but are harder to get than the 87W feed

Thank you Iceburg for your fas response.

I do have an Openbox s9 and have a s12 on order and I believe both of these boxes can receive dvb-s2 channels.

I have read with the WSI 6' dish that it is hit and miss as far as dvbs2 channels.

I can't wait to get this project going.

Might as well set your polar mount, so as to get the polar mount alignment started. I'd lock** it at Zenith (or just a tad east or west depending on your Longitude ) and find 83°W and set the elevation. Then "unlock" the dish and move it, on the polar axis, west to 87°W, or over to 99W? If you have help, maybe even go further and peak up the azimuth adjustment? [**A piece of angle stock and a vice grip?] A 6ft requires careful assembly and aiming to lock S2, hope it works for you. Welcome to satelliteguys.

I would try for 103. In addition to the stations Iceberg mentioned, also have the IONs (some in HD) and one HD pbs station. But I am using an eight and a half footer for that. A six footer? Don't know if that will grab all of that.

I would go bigger eventually.

Ion can be grabbed on the 6 footer
The PBS stuff can be really tough to grab. I have issues with my 6 footer grabbing them

I have a 6ft wsi. For 101w i get everything including the nebraska pbs feeds (pbs east, world, create) no problem. Pixl hd, and the ku nbc west and mountain feeds on ku). Ion e/w hd,ion life, qubo, rfd no problem. The pbs east national feed only comes in 8 out of 12 months though same prob as ice but with the nebraska pbs feeds there i dont care anymore thos come in at 73 qual any time.

Im pretty sure everything i listed is on lyngsat. That said id be sad to not have 99w with all the network feeds (abc hd nbc east nbc mountain fox foxhd, cw,escapes hd, live well network etc. check lyngsat for 99w too.

U have a hard decision. Glad i have a motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)