What is the best HD option for me?

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
I was once a dish network customer. Since then my ex-wife has taken over my account and my name appears to have vanished from their records. My dilemma is which satellite service should I use. My primary objective, as stated in the subject, is HD service. I will own my equipment regardless of the provider selected.

I am in the process of purchasing a house which has one run of RG6 to each of the major rooms. Is this compatible with each of the satellite services or do I need two runs of RG6? The price difference between the two services is not significant enough to be the deciding factor but the picture quality is. Having said that, is there a noticeable difference in picture quality for both HD and SD between both services?

I won't be moving into the new house until around August 28. I had hoped the eastern arc would have been activated by that time, I am looking for a single dish solution, but it appears from another thread on this site that Atlanta will not be in the first batch of cities to have this service.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible.

I will own my equipment regardless of the provider selected.

Just curious about this requirement. Why the need to own the equipment since AFAKI the lease charge per receiver is the same as the mirroring charge?

Strictly personal preference and I have been able to recoup much of my initial investment on ebay when the receivers are sold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)