What is the best LNBF for Ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
QPH-031 is definitely worth to have! But of course it's a bit heavy.

Here's my QPH-031 and scale! :D

Attachments

• qph-031-c.jpg
    qph-031-c.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 379
Iceberg,
I have a QPH301 on a Sadoun DWD-90T. I have lost signal on both my azbox receivers, and I have found this thread. My dish is mounted on the roof, not east to access. My question is was it obvious that there had been movement in the lnbf on the support? The support looks sturdy, but I really don't know. It is not obviously bent. Would I get any signal at all if it is off focus? It has been up and running for a couple of years w/o issue. I tried blind scanning on some of the sats, but I get zero. I don't think it is the receiver, because both went out at the same time. TIA. Ron.

I was having trouble picking up channels this morning... so I went out side and wiped all the rain off the dish, and lnbf.... and when I came back in I had great reception again. So I thought maybe the lnbf had trouble with rain fade. :confused:
Regarding this message of yours from 2006: wish I had read this way before last week ! It never occurred to me that water on the LNBF front cover could make a difference, but on marginal signals it can and does.

there is a product over in the review section that might help
i think its called "rain shield"
You and Brian both ! Will try, but that brand name is pricey !

Iceberg,
I have a QPH301 on a Sadoun DWD-90T. I have lost signal on both my azbox receivers, and I have found this thread. My dish is mounted on the roof, not east to access. My question is was it obvious that there had been movement in the lnbf on the support? The support looks sturdy, but I really don't know. It is not obviously bent. Would I get any signal at all if it is off focus? It has been up and running for a couple of years w/o issue. I tried blind scanning on some of the sats, but I get zero. I don't think it is the receiver, because both went out at the same time. TIA. Ron.
Ron
what is your set up ? on motor etc
post pictures if you can.
good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts