This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What is the best priced dvb-s2 satellite receiver ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
carlospr43 said
I got mine recently with the HDS2-10-11-08:1026CM factory and NO tint issues at all!!

I wouldn't take that as a "yes". It apparently doesn't show up on all TVs, but I've certainly seen it with recent firmware.

Here's what I wrote about it recently:

CC OVERLAY/HDMI

So....what receivers decoded and overlaid the CC via HDMI/COMPONENT?

HDMI and Component outputs do not carry CC for external decoding and must be decoded and overlaid by the receiver on these video sources prior to outputting to the monitor.

Hello Carlos =), does that firmware has the other flaws? (couldn't run motor, couldn't decode AC3 properly except by HDMI, was a no go using C/Ku LNBFs, etcetera).

=)

I vote for OpenBoxS9, just do a quick search for OpenBoxS9 on google and you'll find the website of an authorized dealer for the US (i don't like ebay too much).

OpenBox like many other DVB-S2 STBs won't pass CC, though it can decode teletext on channels that have it. Not too long ago i made a thread in another forum on how to deal with CC if its imperative to have them but you're unable to read it because it won't pass it (i have a friend who is hearing impaired and benefited greatly from it).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.