Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
I am planning to switch from Dish to Direct sometime in the next few months. I am under contract with dish until October but will pay the small ETF to switch.

So my question, what is the best savings promo that directv offers? Should I go with the promo that they are offering now, or should I wait for the NFL promo to start? I would like to get the NFL package if I don't get it in a promo.

Just an FYI, I also have AAA and understand that I can get an additional $10 off / 24 months with this discount.

I did a little figuring and it seems that the NFL promo may be a better deal. Just curious as to what others think.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Call around then call Dishstore.net and talk to Claude. I hear he has an amazing special but he can't advertise it on the Internet. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks Scott I will give him a call.

I guess my overall question is which promo will save me the most money over a 2 year contract.

most of the promos are the same across the board...its what "extra" the retailer might give

So in the total cost of a new sub for 2 years......is it cheaper for me to go with the promo package price now or wait until the ST promo.....which will I save more money with?

Am I correct in saying that you can only get the AAA discount if you call their number? I can't get that with DishStore, correct? What about a referal discount, can I get that with any promo?

Sorry for all the questions....haven't changed subs in about 8 years and I am trying to maximize savings for the first 2 years.

So in the total cost of a new sub for 2 years......is it cheaper for me to go with the promo package price now or wait until the ST promo.....which will I save more money with?

Am I correct in saying that you can only get the AAA discount if you call their number? I can't get that with DishStore, correct? What about a referal discount, can I get that with any promo?

Sorry for all the questions....haven't changed subs in about 8 years and I am trying to maximize savings for the first 2 years.

If you go through an online or local retailer they can still do the "Refer a Friend", If they say they cant then they are ONLY concerned about the money and not helping you out and gaining a customer I would then move on. The AAA Discount as far as I know can only be done through D* Corporate. I am a retailer myself and I know I cant help with the AAA Discount.
If you are really wanting the NFL I STRONGLY suggest you wait for it, Scott is right, we cant advertise what it will be big problems for us :) a hint is, it will be REAL, REAL soon and the promotion will be 3999 times better than last year :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to wait for the NFL promo but thought I should check out what is out there now. I think I will wait and see what the NFL promo brings.

Now hoping the Owners and Players can get it together and give us something to watch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)