Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
I am planning to switch from Dish to Direct sometime in the next few months. I am under contract with dish until October but will pay the small ETF to switch.

So my question, what is the best savings promo that directv offers? Should I go with the promo that they are offering now, or should I wait for the NFL promo to start? I would like to get the NFL package if I don't get it in a promo.

Just an FYI, I also have AAA and understand that I can get an additional $10 off / 24 months with this discount.

I did a little figuring and it seems that the NFL promo may be a better deal. Just curious as to what others think.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Call around then call Dishstore.net and talk to Claude. I hear he has an amazing special but he can't advertise it on the Internet. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks Scott I will give him a call.

I guess my overall question is which promo will save me the most money over a 2 year contract.

most of the promos are the same across the board...its what "extra" the retailer might give

So in the total cost of a new sub for 2 years......is it cheaper for me to go with the promo package price now or wait until the ST promo.....which will I save more money with?

Am I correct in saying that you can only get the AAA discount if you call their number? I can't get that with DishStore, correct? What about a referal discount, can I get that with any promo?

Sorry for all the questions....haven't changed subs in about 8 years and I am trying to maximize savings for the first 2 years.

So in the total cost of a new sub for 2 years......is it cheaper for me to go with the promo package price now or wait until the ST promo.....which will I save more money with?

Am I correct in saying that you can only get the AAA discount if you call their number? I can't get that with DishStore, correct? What about a referal discount, can I get that with any promo?

Sorry for all the questions....haven't changed subs in about 8 years and I am trying to maximize savings for the first 2 years.

If you go through an online or local retailer they can still do the "Refer a Friend", If they say they cant then they are ONLY concerned about the money and not helping you out and gaining a customer I would then move on. The AAA Discount as far as I know can only be done through D* Corporate. I am a retailer myself and I know I cant help with the AAA Discount.
If you are really wanting the NFL I STRONGLY suggest you wait for it, Scott is right, we cant advertise what it will be big problems for us :) a hint is, it will be REAL, REAL soon and the promotion will be 3999 times better than last year :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to wait for the NFL promo but thought I should check out what is out there now. I think I will wait and see what the NFL promo brings.

Now hoping the Owners and Players can get it together and give us something to watch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.