What is the best way to do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I want to hook up a 3x4 switch so I can run three recievers off my c-band dish. Ihave a dual c-band lnbf from SatAv to hook to the switch. Here is the part I am having a hard time figuring out. The dsr922 and the fortec mercury in the den are easy. The dsr410 in the living room is also were my OTA HD TV is. I only have one drop to that room and I want to combine the OTA and the 410 into one cable using the 3x4 switch.Do I use diplexers after the switch and to the TV, or do I just use one diplexer at the TV since the signal is already coming through the 3x4?

Hook the antenna cable into the third slot on the 3x4 switch then you need one diplexer at the receiver (per receiver)

the other 2 receivers ignore the antenna frequencies...

Thank you Iceburg that was what I thought but wasn't sure. Too hot out today to do it but tommorrow AM I will have my skyvision 410 hooked up in the living room.Good ole sunny and smoky central FL in the mid 90's today, we do all our dish stuff in the winter her and hope it is set up correctly by early May!

I'm not a big fan of diplexers, so do report back on how well it works.
If you have a strong off-the-air signal, it'll be fine as described.
That's what 3x4 switches are on the market for - exactly what you need! :up
And instead of 4x4's, there are 5x4's with that extra antenna input, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.