What is the best way to test your system?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ZENCURL

Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
I subscrib to Bell Expressvu through a broker and recently lost my signal. When we moved into our house (Chicago) there was a DirecTV dish already installed; so I hooked up a ExpressVu 3100 receiver and repointed the RCA 18" dish to N91and enjoyed curling to two years. Now I can not get locked? I replace the RCA 18" with a 24" dish and a single LNB thinking that I need to increase the signal to lock; Found N91 and got 100%. After about a day or two of having good reception; the signal is gone completely. I figured I did not lock down the disk tight enough (high wind couple nights ago). Going through repointing process; I now can not find any signal at all; not even a wrong SAT message. I tried repacing the LNB; still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a suggested procedure to test all the componets within the system?

How do I know the 3100 box is ok?

Getting flustrated because Brier Finals is today. This all seemed so simple two years ago?

Zencurl

Last edited:
If you has the multimeter, you can check and see if the receiver sending the 13/18 volts out to the LNBF, if there nothing, the receiver is bad.

It kind of sounds like a receiver problem - maybe the tuner on the receiver is going. If you have a Dish Network receiver or know someone that does you can hook it up to see if you can get a signal on the satellite aiming screen.

yes they still do show both EVu & Dish satellites.

you should be able to get ExpressVu in Chicago with no issues. Make sure the elevation is right. Do you get nothing (no signal)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts