What is the cheapest FTA DBS-2 reciever you can get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I am thinking of getting a DBS-2 receiver.

What is the cheapest receiver, that is half way decent, that you can get?

Probably one one the X2 units. I have not tried any of the newer models but I hear they work ok for a low cost solution.

I bought
X2 M1 HD-Fta Dvb-S2 Mini Digital Satellite Receiver & USB PVR Media Player (New Version)
I had to upgrade the software from X2Sat website for AC3 audio, then works just fine, running 24/7 for 2 months now.

Last edited:
I bought my X2 Premium Mini off Amazon for $35 about 6 months ago. Not sure what happened, but soon after they doubled in price and then completely disappeared off Amazon. I'd really like to buy a backup.

It's been an incredible receiver up until last Saturday. I noticed new firmware was available and just clicked on network update. Everything went fine until it restarted; no video and just BOOT on the display....bricked! I've updated many times before with no issues.
I had to cobble together an RS232 cable and run a factory downloader program to restore it. All is well again, but there's no excuse for crashing during a firmware update.

Manhattan-Digital dealers are offering a great price on the DJ-1997 receiver, which is now under $100 plus shipping, and this receiver handles all of the above tricky audio formats, plays MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 signals, and has the ability to tune up to 400 IPTV video channels from a separate Internet connection.
Specs at www.global-cm.net

I got 2 of those cheap DvbS2 receivers from Far East they will not decode AC3 audio. Good video and Blind scan.

Do make sure that any receiver will decode the AC3 audio, as a lot of or a majority of the signals that we receive in US are using the AC3 audio. Without it, you have really quiet reception.... If is doesn't state AC3 in the specifications, beware!!!

Thankfully Luken dropped the AAC format a while back, but it is starting to pop up more often. Along with ASPK modulation.

i got a box on ebay for 30 bucks and so far no problems, it has dolby 2.0 on them and some chanels i had to switch to ENG but all my channels have sound on g19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)