Please reply by conversation.

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Hello everyone,

I've got a question to ask, to begin I've got to state that I was a Directv customer for seven years, before I made the switch to Dish Network about two years ago. My brother was a Directv customer off and on for around eight years, then he switched to Dish about a year and a half ago, a couple of weeks ago he called Directv to sign up again, he told them he had been a previous customer and they said he was entitled to two receivers, triple LNBF dish, standard installation, and up to 125 feet of RG6 cable for free if he signed up for one year of programming. Anyways, I was just wondering if any other previous customers have re-signed up with Directv for HDTV and what kind of deal they got.

Thank You,

Well new customer offers directly from D* can always be found HERE and their current HD offer is HERE . You might find a few other retailers with slightly different details, but pretty much the same. When the NFL season get close around late July and August, the real great deals pop up.

Being a former long-time customer (I think as long as you are not more than 1 year removed from your past subscription) you can get a super deal by calling them directly, but that multi-room/receiver and install deal is standard issue for all new customers right now.

So more or less Directv considers previous customers new customers after a year. I always thought that once I left I couldn't get Directv without paying big bucks, but after my brother was able to get the deal he got I am seriously thinking about dropping Dish Network and going back to Directv. The main reason why switched in the first place was because I thought Dish Network had more channels for the money, (which they do in many ways) however, I found that I really missed Directv's customer service, quality of receivers, etc... Not to mention Dish Network charges you to down-grade your package, and Directv never did. Also Directv's website allows you to add and remove programming, Dish's doesn't. Those are some of the reasons why I am thinking about switching back to Directv.

Thanks,

The latest info I heard was around a year, some other users may have had better or worse results; I think it just matters sometimes who you get when you call, but I would think 2+ years is pushing it a bit.

I had both D* & E* for a about 2 years running together and most of those "extra channels" for the money are really just dead weight. When you do a channel per channel basis, D* wins overall, then add in the NFL, if thats your need like mine, but E* does offer a few more local areas, but I think that is also about to change.

For the time I had both, E* screwed my billing up a few time and over 9 years D* has miss-charged me ONCE. Every time I have ever needed to call D*, which is hardly ever they are very pleasant, the 4 or 5 times I had to call E*, including the cancellation, they were very rude and always seemed uneducated about what was to be done and had to always ask or forward me to someone else. Like I said they are 99% the same and at the same cost except for the NFL.

Good luck and I hope you qualify for the freebie.

Thanks Charper for the info! One way or another I am coming back to Directv, don't know when, I need some cash first. However, I must say, I miss Directv, and I wish I never had switched!

Thanks Again,
Tony

I got an HD receiver, OTA antenna, Tivo for bedroom & install for $200. They also gave me about $150 in programming credits over 6 months. I was an existing customer and simply called threatening to switch.

tdbohannon- they hooked you up. new customers would pay 299 for the hd box + 99 for thestandard tivo box, without the ant. i might add. A new dish customer would pay nothing for the same equipment, and could run 2 tv's off their dvr(dish tivo). Also dish dual tuner recievers run 2 tv's for the price of one. Dish saves you money on multiple tv systems.
4 tv's on d* = $15 additional charge
4 tv's on e* = 5 additional charge (with phone connected)
A lot of people on this fourm claim dish dvr's (and their eq. in general) is unreliable- I would disagree. don't get me wrong, I am not saying e* equipment is better, but i would say I am confident when i install a dvr or hd unit that the customer will like it and be satisfied with its performance. These problems (again most like 99%) are rare and isolated. I am basing this on my own personal experience (around 300 e*installs myself) and on the collective input of my fellow installers/retaillers.

I'm a V* customer and getting D* installed on Saturday 4/23, Made my deal at P.C. Richards & Son's.
I'm getting Free Install of dish, three H10 hd boxes,3 months of free programing, thats total choice premier
with the HD package.
Total bill for the three H10's were $599. and change with tax included.
P.S.
The H10's are at least $299.00 each.
So I figure I got one box for free.
I really had to sweat the manager not my salesman, he had to call his (guessing) rep. about 4 times (he kept coming back with different offers) before we made the deal.
From what I understand by my salesman P.C.R. has a push on moving D* system's.

Good luck Boys & Girls'
Let me know how it goes.

SatelliteGuys members can take advantage of the best of both worlds. Buy your DIRECTV system from us, get our exclusive $50. VOOM rebate, free shipping, and no tax of course and take DIRECTV's VOOM $200. rebate.

-Robert

CDH said:
You can make your deal even sweeter by going here:
http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/voom.pdf

CDH.

Nice deal and it looks like it's for new and returning customers, but I don't see any free installs or programing for new customers.
Wait a second are you trying to tell me I could throw this on top of my deal? :) :D ;)
For me it comes to about $133.00 a box, Sweet.

tonyp56 said:
So more or less Directv considers previous customers new customers after a year. I always thought that once I left I couldn't get Directv without paying big bucks, but after my brother was able to get the deal he got I am seriously thinking about dropping Dish Network and going back to Directv. The main reason why switched in the first place was because I thought Dish Network had more channels for the money, (which they do in many ways) however, I found that I really missed Directv's customer service, quality of receivers, etc... Not to mention Dish Network charges you to down-grade your package, and Directv never did. Also Directv's website allows you to add and remove programming, Dish's doesn't. Those are some of the reasons why I am thinking about switching back to Directv.

Thanks,
Brantley Telephone charges a$5 fee to downgrade. D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts