What is the current software for the *C 530?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I have read some on some forums that BC is the current software...I had A8 , I recently installed a replacement and it also has A8.

Is it that some have A8 and some BC ????

A little over 500 DVR530s have BC code, the rest have A8

SC used an incremental rollout of the new software. They do this with all Motorola 5XX series units.

Incremental rollouts work like this (It is the reason that SC CSRs tell 5XX subs to put unit in standby at night)

Motorola selects a number of units based on U/A
Night 1 - selected units receive "Target number"
Nights 2 to 6 - units try to download new software. During this process, front panel shows a counting timer. Do NOT touch/use receiver while this is occuring.
Day 7 - Targeted units, that did not take download, are forced off and download starts.

In the case of BC firmware, most of the known bugs were eliminated. However, a new bug was introduced that causes freezeup requiring a hard reboot a couple of times/week. As a result, SC stopped the upgrade after the initial download. Those with BC firmware claim it it is far better than A8. However, SC refuses to upgrade anyone else until the "freeze" bug is corrected.

They are doing the same type of incremental update to the 505 right now. It continues and every 505 should be upgraded (or have the target) by the end of Feb as only 1 minor bug has been seen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)