What is the deal with Arabia TV on Amazonas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
Did a scan on 11972V 13021 on Amazonas (61W) yesterday and found a channel labeled Arabia TV. So, I checked it out and they're playing programs from SpikeTV, MTV, Encore, etc. Are they legitimate? The way they cut off the Spike TV promos right after the show is over makes it look shady. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

By the way, some new TP's with a beam on NA just showed up in Lyngsat.

http://www.lyngsat.com/amazonas.html

Yeah, Das...today I pointed to Amazonas and saw a 60s zombie movie on the Arabia TV channel. Radiation had caused people who had recently died to become zombies. The only way you could kill the zombies was to shoot them in the head.

As a general rule: don't trust what Lyngsat says about Amazonas or what the title pops up as on the receiver. They are erratic broadcasters on that TP.

As for the new stuff listed, it didn't pop up for me at all, which makes me think it's a South America beam only.

Amazonas is an interesting satellite but most of what Lyngsat has listed isn't always correct :)

And as Disco said, don't trust your receiver for the name. There was one that logged as Al Jazzera and it had some church type program on it

I was only wondering about their content, not necessarily about Amazonas or it's beams in general. Good advice from everyone though.

It seems that one minute you're watching an Alien movie with the SpikeTV logo in the bottom corner, then as soon as it's over you're watching a program with the MTV logo or Encore logo. I think Spike and MTV are related. And maybe I'm just making this out to be more than it is.

Das, The only way to know what they are showing for sure is to tune in.I have actually seen the directv tivo they use change channels on screen at the end of an HBO movie.It's a very interesting channel.

Some of the channel names on that satellite are not correct. I was surprised just as you were. But after watching for a few minutes you can figure out something is weird with those channels.

Already renamed the channel in my classic NA to "Tivo Guy Channel" :)

Lyngsat is a good guide but not set in stone. Always a good idea to run a blind scan every now and then. Never know what you will find :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts