What is the difference between "All Episodes" and "New episodes"?

Van said:
If this is on one of the dual tuner dvrs then you didnt set it up to record new episodes only, the epg has tags that you dont see that tells your device all sorts of things about each show that comes on. It sounds like what you did was go into the dish pass utility and do a search for south park wich would set up your 625 to automaticly record south park any time it comes on regardless of wether its new or a rerun. Name based recording such as dish pass is still in its fledgling state and has some area's that need to be worked out such as with shows that have gone to syndication such as south park or law and order or my other favorite CSI.

You will need to go back into your dvr menue and check the timers tab to see whats automaticly set up to record, Im sure you will see a nice long list of south park slated to record each day of the week.

Yes they did as I did the same thing. It was a weekend special highlighting Cartmans 25 episodes. I am thinking because there was no actually description (only a generic one for all of them) then the DVR thought they were new. Just a hunch FWIW.

artisticcheese said:
I"m not sure I"m understanding. SO can I setup to record only new South park episodes with my dual tuner 625?

Find the episode in your guide and press select. Arrow over to "New Episodes" and then arrow over to done. That will record all new episodes on that channel. I think that all the new episodes are going to be on that channel anyway so no big deal. That is they way I set mine up and it works pretty good execpt I have caught the thing not going to record a new episode so then I have to re-set it. I am guessing this is just a bug in the software.

jlhugh said:
Find the episode in your guide and press select. Arrow over to "New Episodes" and then arrow over to done. That will record all new episodes on that channel. I think that all the new episodes are going to be on that channel anyway so no big deal. That is they way I set mine up and it works pretty good execpt I have caught the thing not going to record a new episode so then I have to re-set it. I am guessing this is just a bug in the software.

As long as you remember that Dish's definition of a 'New' episode is one that first aired during the current calendar year (regardless of how many times it has been aired).

I get the same behavior on south park as well, and I know my timer is set up correctly. I also get this behavior on "xplay" "g4tv.com" or anything else on G4 Same thing for anything on cartoon network. I just make it a habit of manually skipping the episodes I don't want it to record in the morning when I'm watching the news. At least the 942 has a handy daily schedule to do this from, and doesn't take eons like a tivo to make recording changes.

How to determine software version

hesitate to ask.. 942 occaisonal 'stutter' or frame drop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)