What is the point of blacking out replays?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Blackouts are something that will NEVER ever be completely understood. They have never made any sense to me and they probably never will unless their policies change. And yes, it's not the provider that does the blackout, it's the sport itself. And replay blackouts are beyond insane and NO bit of trying to explain that to me will ever make me understand.

Idiotic 1950's mentality regading the protection of advertisers.
Tell ya what, with content becoming more readily available on the internet, traditonal tv had better get with it because as technology advances and people eschew traditonal methods to get their entertainment, the internet will become the place to go. And tv and radio will be buried in a sea of red ink as advertisers flock to the web for revenue.
The newspaper business is getting damaged by the first salvo. Just about every newspaper has a website where one can read the content free of charge. Thye have no choice but to provide it for free. People will not pay for it. They will simply go to another site for the news. Print editions are selling less and less. Of course there are those in the newspaper business that think their employers can simply slap a fee on the website access and people will cough up the bucks. Baloney.
In any event, sports blackouts will become passe in the not too distant future. My prediction.

Got a question about Blackouts - right now as I type this, MASN has an Orioles Classic game on, and SNY has a Mets classic game on. I live in Chicago, and I have no problem watching the MASN Orioles classic game, but the SNY says I can't watch it. Why is it I can watch some classic games, but not others? I have the multi-sports pack.

Also, are there any receivers that have a setting in their guide options to have blacked out events be shaded a different color? It would be a nice thing to have so I don't even click on things that could be blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts