What is the process/steps for linking and existing Blockbuster account with and existing Dish Networ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
I have had BB online since its inception and have been a Dish Network sub for a 'few' years now.

How to I go about linking my two accounts so I can take advantage of Dish's newest offer?

Some have said cancel my BB account and reopen it with Dish. If I do that will I get the same as I am getting now?
I currently get:
BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium $19.99 / month (plus taxes)
3 at-a-time, Unlimited mailings
Unlimited In-Store Movie Exchanges
+ 1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month

What worked for me was to put my BB account into suspend mode for one month. Did that last Thursday. Then when the BB movie pass was started on October 1st, I went and logged in to dishonline and "signed up." Call it an auto merge to what I had with blockbuster. My queue is there and my first dvd was mailed today.

RT.

UPDATE:
I figured out how to do this and went through the steps...word of warning. It will wipe out your BB account and automatically default to the 1 out at a time unlimited returns.

I am currently trying to get this fixed. :-(

If the email address on the DISH Network account and the Blockbuster By Mail account are the same, when you are switched to the Movie Pass in our system it will automatically link so you do not need to cancel your existing account with Blockbuster.

If you want the 2 or 3 Disc service, any CSR from DISH network can upgrade your service to include those.

Single Disc service is $10.00 a month.
Two Disc service is $15.00 a month
Three Disc service is $20.00 a month

As always, DIRT is here to assist all our customers in any way that we can.

Interesting I checked my Dish account and they have me already signed up with a movie pass. I guess this just replaces the Platinum HD. No Biggy. But when I went to Blockbuster online, I thought I would sign in with my dish email and password and Blockbuster took it and said "welcome back" . Since I have never used Blockbuster this was scary. Even more scary was the fact that they showed me
renting two movies 5 years ago! This should be interesting getting this straightend out!

Here's what I did, note my email address is the same for both my previous Blockbuster account and Dish.

I signed up at the Dish site. (Not for the Movie Pass package, already had that, but clicked the blockbuster icon at the top of the Dish site, then signed up for streaming, getting discs, etc..)

I then signed into my previous Blockbuster account. I changed my password to the one I use for Dish. That's it, it was linked to everything I filled out at the Dish site, my preferred Blockbuster locations, that I prefer Blu-Ray, etc.. etc...

I now can use my Android Blockbuster app, it recognizes my Dish plan, and I even got $5 in credit for using it!!

If the email address on the DISH Network account and the Blockbuster By Mail account are the same, when you are switched to the Movie Pass in our system it will automatically link so you do not need to cancel your existing account with Blockbuster.

My Blockbuster account is currently inactive, I still have movies in my que. Will the accounts still link up, both accounts use the same email.

My Blockbuster account is currently inactive, I still have movies in my que. Will the accounts still link up, both accounts use the same email.
Log into your DISH Network account and on the top is the Blockbuster Movie drop down, select manage DVD Que. This will open a link to blockbuster, when you sign in it should link the account if the e-mails are the same. Please PM if you are still having an issue. Thank you!

Pffft, I haven't been able to login at Dish's website in days... Just sits at the "Processing..." screen.
It appears that Dish's site may have some incompatibilities with Google Chrome ! I tried with Firefox and got right in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts