What is the Repeat Cycle of the 10 Voom Channels

Snedecor

Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
I couldn't find where this has been discussed before....

I know I'll be all agog when I first activate the 10 Voom channels, and believe my extra $15 per month, 10 for HD package, 5 for Voom, is well spent.

However, I'm wondering whether former Voomers can comment on how much the channels repeat themselves. I'm sure a live concert by Tina Turner is great the 1st and perhaps even the 2nd time, but, for example, if it repeats every 3 days, then I may tire of the channels and believe my money is less well spent.

Voom has always been repeatative!

Well if you really want to undersatand the nature of vooms repetitiion just tune in every saturday/sunday morning when they play the video mix on rave... every week it is the same show.... the upside is that if you really like a song you are most likely to see it again in a week!

... I sure did miss it this last sunday though...

I did a rough guestimate by looking at a program guide And I think I figured they only have about 4 hours of unique content in a single day, and only about different content in those 4 hours, only 4 days out of the week

4 hours?

That seems like not much fresh content.

Do you know if new active content is being added by Rainbow, or is this just a huge archived set of video tapes that they will cycle through forever?

I'm not talking about the HD news, but the other channels.

For example, are new (not necessarily first-run, but new to the channel) sci-fi movies being actively converted to HD and put into the appropriate HD channel? Are new x-games and other cool sports events being added? Are new concerts being taped and put into rotation?

I wouldn't mind if they ended up like the premium channels: dribble in new content, eventualy stop showing old content, etc. But I don't think I'd care for just a huge static library being available for $15 / month ($10 for HDpack, $5 for Voom).

Thanks for the info, former Voomers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)