What is the sling adapter for?

planters49

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
What is the sling adapter used for exactly? I just hooked up my vip 622 receiver to my home network that is attached to the internet and the dish remote app on the ipad hooks up perfectly to my dvr. I don't have a sling adapter at all either. Am I missing something?

The ViP 622 is not compatible with the Sling Adapter. The Sling Adapter is compatible with the 722, 722K, and Hopper. The Sling Adapter allows you to view your DVR recordings and live TV through your computer, phone, tablet, etc. using your LAN or the Internet.

It appears that I can do this with the ipad app and no sling. I'm upgrading to the hopper tomorrow so I need to know if I'm going to have to get a sling adapter for the hopper in order to set timers, manage my DVR etc.

It appears that I can do this with the ipad app and no sling. I'm upgrading to the hopper tomorrow so I need to know if I'm going to have to get a sling adapter for the hopper in order to set timers, manage my DVR etc.

You can definitely set timers and manage recordings without the Sling Adapter. The Sling Adapter is for actually WATCHING DVR recordings and TV -- it's like you're in front of the TV watching it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)