What is this $77.00 plan and how do I get it?

w6pea

"Old Jarhead"
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 21, 2011
Mexifornia aka San Diego, Ca.
I am about to renew my XM/Sirius, I have 2 receivers. I think that they are not worth almost $200 bucks a year. For one account $109.57,:mad: and the other account $164.24 :rant:
Is there any suggestions as to how to get a lower fee besides cancelling the service completely?

The yearly renewal for a bunch of crap service really sucks:rant::mad:. Also I had a receiver go bad. I replaced it I see here that they charged me a $25.00 buck fee to activate a new receiver. :eek: :rant::rant:. So any suggestions, I am glad that I don't pay anymore to listen to Howard Stern ever since the merger the service really sucks :rant: :mad:

call and tell them you want to cancel. Thats the only way to possibly get it

If they do cancel within a week they'll call offering the farm to have you back

call and tell them you want to cancel. Thats the only way to possibly get it

If they do cancel within a week they'll call offering the farm to have you back

That's right!....I just called Retention this morning to "cancel" and they offered me 6 months at 1/2 price or $77 for the year. I told them I had no need for XM any longer whereas Hockey Season will be over this week and I basically only listen Home Ice Station, so they made sure I will have access for the next year.:)

I tried to call them a little while ago....got a recording that they were closed so I will call them in the morning. I tried to call them at 2010hrs. and missed them by 10 mins.

I tried to call them a little while ago....got a recording that they were closed so I will call them in the morning. I tried to call them at 2010hrs. and missed them by 10 mins.

Call them during business hours like between 8am and 8 pm weekdays and I am sure you should get someone to talk to you. The Retention Rep I talked to was in Iowa.

Call them during business hours like between 8am and 8 pm weekdays and I am sure you should get someone to talk to you. The Retention Rep I talked to was in Iowa.

Well I just this minute got off the telephone with them about this. I told them that I wanted to cancel both of my accounts.
The young lady that I talked to offered to combined both accounts, for $77.00 each, plus royalty fee's, and tax. Which would make them a little under $84.00 ea. I still said no Then she offered to combine both accounts for a total of $114.69.
So I renewed my account for one year. Then I also will get a refund of the money that was charged to my account that they charged me to activate the replacement radio I got shortly after the upgrade of the system because my one receiver in the truck quit working after the software and channel upgrade in May . I will receive a confirmation e-mail of all of this.
I guess it pays to complain and complain loudly.
All I did was tell her that I wanted a refund and to cancel my service in a normal voice. she asked why and I told her I didn't think that paying $164.24 and $109.57 for two recievers were worth that much money,

When I cancelled that tried to offer a couple of packages. I told them unless they had something for like $5 a month for both my radios it wasn't worth it anymore. They stopped offering and cancelled my sub. I haven't heard from them since that day.

Call and tell them you want the $19.95 (+tax/royalty) for 5 month XM everything plan. I've been on this plan for almost 2 years with XM. It is the cheapest plan I know of. You MUST call up and renew at 4.95 months into the plan otherwise it either renews at full price monthly or cancels and the radio deactivates (I've had both happen). The CSR will try to sell the $77 plan, but don't buy it. Keeping saying I want the $19.95 plan. At a little over $4 per month with fees its the cheapest it gets. I believe there is a version for Sirius for the same price. You cannot add on anything extra. I have tried to add best of Sirius several times and its always "no".

Call and tell them you want the $19.95 (+tax/royalty) for 5 month XM everything plan. I've been on this plan for almost 2 years with XM. It is the cheapest plan I know of. You MUST call up and renew at 4.95 months into the plan otherwise it either renews at full price monthly or cancels and the radio deactivates (I've had both happen). The CSR will try to sell the $77 plan, but don't buy it. Keeping saying I want the $19.95 plan. At a little over $4 per month with fees its the cheapest it gets. I believe there is a version for Sirius for the same price. You cannot add on anything extra. I have tried to add best of Sirius several times and its always "no".

That deal is gone. They don't have it anymore, they don't offer it anymore, and there is no way to get it. You can get 5 months for $25 ONCE on ONE radio, and if you bitch loudly enough they'll do it on a second radio at the same time, but once you take that deal they won't give it to you again.

That deal is gone. They don't have it anymore, they don't offer it anymore, and there is no way to get it. You can get 5 months for $25 ONCE on ONE radio, and if you bitch loudly enough they'll do it on a second radio at the same time, but once you take that deal they won't give it to you again.

I've gotten it multiple times with XM and just recently with the finally-integrated SiriusXM.

I've gotten it multiple times with XM and just recently with the finally-integrated SiriusXM.

What do you mean finally-integrated? I have Sirius in my van and XM in my truck. Nothing I can do to get them combined on one bill and get a discount on the second radio.

What do you mean finally-integrated? I have Sirius in my van and XM in my truck. Nothing I can do to get them combined on one bill and get a discount on the second radio.

That's not what he meant. He has an XM radio only. He meant the deal he was talking about was available even before the merger. But like I said they did away with it somewhere in the last couple months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)