What is this site ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titan63

Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
A good friend gave me this address and said something about a satellite and my pc,and alot of channells for free? Can someone enlighten me here ? :confused: mike

All I get are some crummy channel at this time. I am hoping to get some "better" channels if you know what I mean.

what is this site

I live way out in the sticks, between two hills, can't get dish network, no reception. I only have dial-up and hook up at 26.4 Kbps. satalite would cost upwards of $800, if I can get reception.I do have direct tv. and pay $ 53 a month for pathetic program choices. what are my options ? I see alot of people chatting about equipment, do I need to purchase something to recieve channels ? mike still :confused:

For LEGAL FTA channels you will need at least a 30" Dish, a KU LNBF and a DVB PC Card (or receiver)

From the last place I lived I have 2 dish 500 satelite dishes 2 recievers and cards. Is this what I need?

No, you need at least a 30" dish and a KU LNBF, you will also need a new receiver.
A KU LNBF is a linear LNBF, right now the ones you have are circular polarized.

PSB is right, I recommend a invacom LNBF at 0.3 db (veary important as it can pick up more channles than most lnbfs) Also A Fortec Star Reciver would be a good start... you can get all of these from sadoun.. at good prices with fast shipping too. Make sure the reciver you get has blind scan capabilites.. Lots of free sports up there... Some have been known around these parts to find Espn2hd feeds... and even SNL feeds.. :)

ok so now I know that I am building my own satelite recieving system( I think !) I looked at some of the equipment Goaliebob99 recomended. 1 question is why did I not see any prices on the recievers at Fortec Star? Are they THAT pricey? I would like to get the weather channel, sci-fi channel, and a few others. I don't know what the other stations are, this is new to me.
Also, can I use one of these satelites with an internet service provider to get a faster connection to the I-net ?
Finally, would a novice like myself be better off purchasing a system package like the " M-2 motorized ultra blind search" from Sadoun, or building one custome ?

Last edited:
There is a guy I know who is the smartest I know when pulling these channels in no matter what. Guy has a sense of humor too.... he uses "ceo@echostar.com" as his email address. Send him an email with your request and he'll be happy to get you on your way!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)