What is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I found it on ebay.
Its a sky vista 1000 receiver with remote and card
the card also has the sky vista logo on it. Its a dish receiver no doubt.
things im guessing it could be..
1. Dish used to be called something else?
2. A company that sold special intrest satelllite that went kaput and used dish network's receivers like sky angel?
3. Sky angel used to be called sky vista?
someone set me right, never seen anything like this.
430a_1.JPG

That is the style of a old 1000 receiver.

The 2700 was near identical except it had channel up and down buttons

the 2800 3800 3900 4700 4900 ird all looked like this
DN2800-3.jpg

The 3000, 4000, 4500, 5000 all had the same basic design

although i dont own this receiver... if someone did buy it, would they be able to re aim it and download the dishes sw or not?

although i dont own this receiver... if someone did buy it, would they be able to re aim it and download the dishes sw or not?

At this point probably not with out cracking the case open and corrupting the firmware on the ird to force a new download. Problem is that a. you can do damage to the unit that way and two dish frowns on it. and three dish might not even allow someone to activate it the reciever ID might be locked to sky vista. Just like you can take a Bell Express Vue 301 plug it into a dish network pointed antenna and load dish network software on it but the reciever ID is flagged as being one made for BEV so they wont activate it. Just as an example.

Just like you can take a Bell Express Vue 301 plug it into a dish network pointed antenna and load dish network software on it but the reciever ID is flagged as being one made for BEV so they wont activate it.
I think they "fixed" that so it will no longer happen. Not sure about current 301's. But I bought a Bell 4100 thinking that I could turn it into a super-111, but it won't load Dish firmware, period. Perhaps this is because the 4100 does not exist in the Dish world; it's more like a 311 in a 111 box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)