WHAT is TRUE?

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I am getting installed on the 6th of May. I have chosen the present promotion special on the Turbo Silver Pack w a HD DVR and Locals for $10 more. For a Total of $49 a month after the 6 month discount.

THIS [the above price] is what two CSRs have told me it would be - having past experience with these outfits I want to know upfront the total end cost per month - - - NO surprises of taxes and other fees. And I see some say they pay $5.98 a month for their DVR....I asked them IF I would be paying any added fees like that and they said "NO". I did request the DVR Advantage Plan - don't know IF that makes a difference or not. I sure HOPE that they are NOT BS-ing me....but as you can tell by this post - I am still a SKEPTIC! Can someone, in the KNOW, verify that I will NOT be paying anything else?

TKS:confused:

As long as you only have 1 HD DVR. Thats what your price will be.
Turbo Silver with HD DVR is $49 per month. Tax if your state has it will be added to that price as well.

Just a bit of advice on programming packages,as you problably already know Dish is really screwy on Their HD only packages,channels you think you should get but dont.I had Turbo Silver until a couple weeks ago when Dish added extra HD channels but did not include them in my package,(couldnt even get them if I moved up to gold)I had to switch over to classic silver with HD,far more channels for about 5.00 more a month.Yes some channels are in SD,but depending on your TV they are quite watchable,just not as sharp as HD.The main reason I switched to classic silver plus HD was that unless you fill your DVR with alot of shows,movies etc,you will find that Turbo silver late nights are mostly commercial programming,I get home at 3am from work and when I had only Turbo HD not much on at that time when I watch the most.It may be a perfect package for you but its always nice to know the drawbacks before committing.Hope you enjoy Dishnetwork..

Just a bit of advice on programming packages,as you problably already know Dish is really screwy on Their HD only packages,channels you think you should get but dont.I had Turbo Silver until a couple weeks ago when Dish added extra HD channels but did not include them in my package,(couldnt even get them if I moved up to gold)I had to switch over to classic silver with HD,far more channels for about 5.00 more a month.Yes some channels are in SD,but depending on your TV they are quite watchable,just not as sharp as HD.The main reason I switched to classic silver plus HD was that unless you fill your DVR with alot of shows,movies etc,you will find that Turbo silver late nights are mostly commercial programming,I get home at 3am from work and when I had only Turbo HD not much on at that time when I watch the most.It may be a perfect package for you but its always nice to know the drawbacks before committing.Hope you enjoy Dishnetwork..

Classic Silver with HD isn't $5 more than Turbo Silver, is it? It's $15 or $18 ($58 vs. $40) more depending on whether you get the $3 discount.