What is with the new DISH NFL ad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
On E* new ad it says a NFL Football every day of the week. Are they counting replays on the NFL channel or am I missing something?

Last edited:
I saw a logo that said NFL ondemand is this going to be a new channel of will we be able to use the 622 to download certain games.

Directv has the Sunday ticket so DISH is trying to confuse the issue tricking fools into thinking they can get the equivalent on DISH rather than being clear it is just the local channels and NFL Channel replays. They are being honest but DECEPTIVE.

boba said:
Directv has the Sunday ticket so DISH is trying to confuse the issue tricking fools into thinking they can get the equivalent on DISH rather than being clear it is just the local channels and NFL Channel replays. They are being honest but DECEPTIVE.

Sure, they don't highlight the fact that they DON'T have Sunday Ticket (holy crap, that thing is $210 now? I used to get it for free (C-band) and then only paid $99 the first couple of years on Direct TV) but I think you are being a bit exaggerative...

The Sunday ticket value is somewhat watered down now as far as I am concerned. This week (with networks) we will get 7 games live (and in HD if you have HD networks). On 'normal' weeks we will get 5 games live (CBS/FOX on Sunday afternoons, NBC sunday evenings, ESPN monday nights). And that is not even including the NFL network, are any of their games live?

And who actually watches ALL the NFL games (besides sports casters)? More people seem to want their favorites (not just local teams) and are trying to get just those games, even if they are replays if they can't get them live. My nephew had direct for the NFL and gave it up years ago due to the increasing price.

NFL Network broadcasted (simulatenously or as reairs; mostly the latter) all 52 pre-season games. They will re-air 75 regular season games; and broadcast 8 games exclusively starting on Thanksgiving day; I believe my Broncos are in their first game.

Since they can reair games multiple times, I suspect the statement that there is an NFL game every day of the season is probably accurate, in a technical sense anyway.

rockymtnhigh said:
NFL Network broadcasted (simulatenously or as reairs; mostly the latter) all 52 pre-season games. They will re-air 75 regular season games; and broadcast 8 games exclusively starting on Thanksgiving day; I believe my Broncos are in their first game.

Since they can reair games multiple times, I suspect the statement that there is an NFL game every day of the season is probably accurate, in a technical sense anyway.

Pretty much what figured. It's deceptive advertising by Dish unless they have fine print at the bottom of the ad.

I'm pretty much looking at this from the eyes of the average joe who probably thinks "game every day of the week" is the same as Direct Tv's NFL package; Or something very similar.

Kaydigi said:
Pretty much what figured. It's deceptive advertising by Dish unless they have fine print at the bottom of the ad.

I'm pretty much looking at this from the eyes of the average joe who probably thinks "game every day of the week" is the same as Direct Tv's NFL package; Or something very similar.

Yup, you are right. Its deceptive; but I am actually looking forward to having access to so many of the games, even as reairs.

You get a ton of games and for standard subscription prices.

For many people, this is what they want. Not that many people sub to NFL:ST, when you look at it as a percentage of all US households.

Since most games are played on Sunday and Monday then eventually Thursday and Saturday.

The ads can be a little deceptive but once you remember the normal schedule!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)