What is your current phone?

Been looking at some of the reviews online of the phone...some haven't been so well. I don't see the 3D video camera being anything more than a cheap camera that is bolted to any cell phone.

Maybe I have something weird with my vision even though the doc hasn't said anything. Anything 3D...3D TVs..3DS...3D theater I just don't get it. You can hardly see the difference on the 3DS, after playing it for a bit I do not notice it. Much like the theaters. I can see it at the beginning intro but then I do not notice it unless I take the glasses off for a bit then put then back on. Then it is gone again in a minute. On 3D TVs in stores I have never been able to really see anything different unless of course I look at it without glasses. It just has this slight difference and I have distract myself from the actual content to actually find the differences to see the 3D. I just don't get this whole 3D gimmick on anything...

I just don't get this whole 3D gimmick on anything...

Understandable if you can not see the 3D. I personally love 3D but do not see the appeal of the phone except for the camera (depending on what it can do). I can see the 3D no problems except for the 3DS. After playing it for a few minutes, I start to get sick. For some reason that is the only one that impacts me.

Been looking at some of the reviews online of the phone...some haven't been so well. I don't see the 3D video camera being anything more than a cheap camera that is bolted to any cell phone.

Maybe I have something weird with my vision even though the doc hasn't said anything. Anything 3D...3D TVs..3DS...3D theater I just don't get it. You can hardly see the difference on the 3DS, after playing it for a bit I do not notice it. Much like the theaters. I can see it at the beginning intro but then I do not notice it unless I take the glasses off for a bit then put then back on. Then it is gone again in a minute. On 3D TVs in stores I have never been able to really see anything different unless of course I look at it without glasses. It just has this slight difference and I have distract myself from the actual content to actually find the differences to see the 3D. I just don't get this whole 3D gimmick on anything...

Neither do I. Why spend extra money when you can get 2D HDTV's for a decent price and not have to suffer with motion sickness or wear any stupid glasses while you're watching TV.

I'll probably keep it enabled at all times unless it looks too awkward. I'm a huge proponent of 3D and will take 3D anything any day. I don’t really give a damn about the faster processor and more memory, although having more and faster is always better, 99% of the reason why I’m upgrading is due to the 3D capabilities. Having Sense 3.0 is also a plus. And hey I can use the WatchESPN app to watch ESPN in 3D without paying the $10/month for it :D

They don't include ESPN 3D with all of the regular HD channels? Like on DirecTV.

Well I pulled the trigger on the Evo 3d. Should be in my hot little hands tomorrow or Thursday. SP order went through around midnight. Now it's up to Sprint when they release it. If they stay true to form, I'll have it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ever since I got a tablet, I began shedding apps on my Droid X, to keep it to basically the apps I need; keeping the extras on the Tab and the iPad. It runs better, and just made sense. Actually I began the process originally because the DX is somewhat unstable, it has a tendency of spontaneously rebooting every now and then.
Man that is awful about yours rebooting!? I have been very lucky with mine. I hope it continues!

No. Its rooted. Warranty is voided. And Verizon is getting to be like the gestapo when it comes to rooted phones. And it happens to other people I know with the DX as well.

You can't just flash back to stock before you bring it to them? That's what I've always done with any rooted/unlocked phones I've ever had.

No. Its rooted. Warranty is voided. And Verizon is getting to be like the gestapo when it comes to rooted phones. And it happens to other people I know with the DX as well.

Like digi said, just make a backup, flash back to stock and unroot. As far as I know they can not tell that it was ever rooted. Should be simple.

A lot of hassle for a problem that is totally intermittent, and would NEVER happen when it is in the shop. I know I should do it, but that process in itself is a bit of a pain.

And to be honest, while it has done the spontaneous reboot twice since I have gone to Gingerbread, this phone is running extremely well - and has better battery life than ever. Not sure why, but I am getting two days of light use on it. Last night it had only drained 30% after being out of the charger for 12 hours.

A lot of hassle for a problem that is totally intermittent, and would NEVER happen when it is in the shop. I know I should do it, but that process in itself is a bit of a pain.

And to be honest, while it has done the spontaneous reboot twice since I have gone to Gingerbread, this phone is running extremely well - and has better battery life than ever. Not sure why, but I am getting two days of light use on it. Last night it had only drained 30% after being out of the charger for 12 hours.

Yeah battery life is suppose to be great on GB. The GB leak which is alpha/beta for my phone even though it's buggy it does have great battery life. I can't wait for the stable version.

This phone is freakin sweet!

I agree. I'm actually impressed, the sprint/htc folks got 3 OTA updates out in the last 3 days that fixed a bunch of niggily little things. Impressive. Also, you can remove all the Sprint Apps, except for Sprint Zone. This is a step in the right direction.

Broke my Vibrant had to switch back to my old Blackberry, Now I am rocking an unlocked Mytouch4G rooted and running Unity Sense