What is Your Favorite Video Game?

ryback1990

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2013
riverdale, maryland
My favorite video game is Hitman Contracts for Playstation 2. That game is so incredibly awesome. All of the levels and missions in that game are top notch. The settings in the game are also amazing to look at and play in. The game is also pretty challenging, which I enjoy a lot.

Doom, Doom II, Final Doom - yes they are old, but I still have to run through them once or twice a year.

Honorable mention - Angry Birds series.

Pong. I bought two of them back when they were new, in 1972, for $1,200 each.

They didn't have microprocessors in them. In fact, there was no such thing as a microprocessor back then. They used a really clever circuit called the slip counter or slipping counter to move the ball image across the screen.

Did anyone notice that the paddles went all the way to the top of the screen but not to the bottom? That was a design mistake. The circuitry to locate the paddles vertically derived their position by potentiometer-controlled voltage, but they neglected to allow for the roughly .5 volt forward drop in a diode in the circuit, and that gap under the bottom of the paddle was caused by that unanticipated .5 volt loss.

And did you ever notice that the net is not in the center of the screen? That is because, when they counted how many pixels from the edge of the horizontal sync pulse to place the net, they counted from the wrong edge of the sync pulse.

Too many to mention. There's no 1 game that I hold above all the rest but there certainly are a few that I can point to as my favorites or at least hold a special place in my heart. I suppose I could go through some of my favorites in specific genres:

RPGs: Phantasy Star 2, Final Fantasy VIII, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

Platformers: Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Rayman: Origins

FPS: Duke Nukem 3D, The Bioshock Series, CoD: Black Ops 1, Unreal Tournament 2004, Quake 3 Arena, Team Fortress 2, Halo 2

Games that can't be classified in a single category: No More Heroes, God of War, GTA: Vice City, Metal Gear Solid 3

Third Person Action Shooters: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Gears of War 2

Adventure Games: The Walking Dead, Tales of Monkey Island, Snatcher (Sega CD)

Sports: NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NFL2K5, NFL Blitz 2000

Fighting Games: Tekken 1-3, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Mortal Kombat 2, TMNT: The Arcade Game

I'm sure I'll think of more later, especially ones from the earlier consoles.

Punch out was great.Soda Popkinski,Piston Honda,and King Hippo,spent a lot of time playing on NES and Snes.

Another favorite which was pretty obscure,Dusty Diamonds all star softball,my friends and I spent a lot of hours playing it.

Lee Trevino's fighting golf was also pretty fun.

Doom, Doom II, Final Doom - yes they are old, but I still have to run through them once or twice a year.

Me too. I think i've played Doom since my mom bought me the blood red SNES cartridge.(worst version, same with Wolfenstein but the cartridge was blood red; super cool to a kid) I didn't have a computer growing up so before that I was playing it at a friends house.

Currently i have Doom 3: Collectors Edition for my Xbox Classic and Doom 3: BFG Edition for my PS3. I was disappointed that Final Doom was not on that version. I have the PS1 version somewhere but from understanding it's a water downed port vs. the PC edition.

I read somewhere that they have a new Wolfenstein game coming out at the end of this year. I still haven't beat the first PS3/XBOX 360 version yet but I beat the Xbox Classic Return to Wolfenstein and the original 3-D game (many times)

Last edited:
Definitely the Bioshock series. They have one of the best storylines of any videogame I have ever played, and the graphics and ending of Bioshock Infinite absolutely blew my mind.

For me it is probably either the Bioshock series or the Mass Effect series. I have loved playing games my whole life but unlike most gamers my age (26 if that gives you a better reference point) I just believe they kept getting better over time. I guess I'm just not as nostalgic as a lot of people.

If you want me to compare Bioshock Infinite to a NES Mario or Zelda game I'll take infinite every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My favorite video game is World of Warcraft. It's such a fun and expansive game. There is so much to do and see. I love doing PvP (player vs. player) where you fight against other players. It's very fun and exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts