What is your most and least favorite of all the diginets in your DMA.

4.1 Now ID'd as COZIBP on KRDK
As seen on the BEK 4.2 repeating powerpoint presentation.
Looks like BEKPremier, their "LIVE" coverage, is going to pre-empt COZI when they 'go live' with game coverage. Pre-emting H&I in the central & western OTA. http://www.bektel.com/bek_broadcasting_network/ That SUX IMHO.
(Oh, they also changed their name from BEK Spoerts to BEK Broadcasting)

Why not put the 'live coverage' on the 247 OTA channel?? All other programming, along with the PP presentation, on 247 is a replay anyway. That can be 'moved' easily. They've got plenty of 'spare time' allowing them to play their powerpoint over and over. So the 'time' isn't an issue.

I don't want COZI pre-empted by anything!

I would have emailed the above comment to BEK Broadcasting & KRDK, but they require posts to facebook or twitter, which require registration. (Don't need the faceBullS junk - I did, once, and cancelled after 24 hrs because of it) tweet, no thanks.
I did post over at AVS forum

So now my 'least favorite' is: BEK

Reactions: Mr Tony
Glad I have the FTA "fallback". But that doesn't help the retired couple out in the 'sticks' with only an OTA antenna and a new found love of COZI programming.
If your ND cable supplier is not Midco, I have a feeling most independent cable outlets in ND are supplied feeds from Midco's NPnet * (As wholly owned by Midco or as a partner/supplier) So that may not be an option.
*Have been trying to find out 'who' is 'what' from 'where' for a while now, to no avail.

Since I can get at least 10 off an on....I'll do that
1. Antenna/H&I/This/Create
5. Escape/Bounce
7. MeTV/Cozi
9. Grit/Justice......

Escape/Grit off WBXH 39.2/39.3
Bounce on KPLC 7.2
Justice WWL 4.2
Cozi WHNO 20.2

No Create here in Minneapolis....they do have some shows on the 2nd PBS (KTCI 2-3) but they mainly have reruns of PBS shows that were on KTCA

I didn't have it in NC but I am glad it's here... And in the AM21 database!

I was surprised to only have 1 PBS affiliate in NC despite having OTA access to 3 DMAs where I lived. I grew up with two or three everywhere I went.

I was surprised to only have 1 PBS affiliate in NC despite having OTA access to 3 DMAs where I lived. I grew up with two or three everywhere I went.
Isnt North Carolina a state run PBS? (all transmitters are the same)

Heck in Minneapolis market with satellite you get FOUR different PBS stations but on cable you mainly get one (or two in the Mpls proper area). The other two are in the outer areas of the market (way north or way west) and on cable you only get one.

Isnt North Carolina a state run PBS? (all transmitters are the same)

Heck in Minneapolis market with satellite you get FOUR different PBS stations but on cable you mainly get one (or two in the Mpls proper area). The other two are in the outer areas of the market (way north or way west) and on cable you only get one.

Mostly the same in NC. Charlotte has a PBS that was it's own but I don't think it is doing well. I was never able to view that PBS.

Mostly the same in NC. Charlotte has a PBS that was it's own but I don't think it is doing well. I was never able to view that PBS.
you're right.

It is operated by the University of North Carolina system, which holds the licenses for all thirteen PBS member television stations licensed in the state except WTVI (channel 42) in Charlotte, which is owned by Central Piedmont Community College

you're right.

It is operated by the University of North Carolina system, which holds the licenses for all thirteen PBS member television stations licensed in the state except WTVI (channel 42) in Charlotte, which is owned by Central Piedmont Community College
When you tvfool your zip code does your pbs show the same distance as one of your major networks, example KLPB 24 transmits off KLFY 10's tower about 4.5 miles from my residence

When you tvfool your zip code does your pbs show the same distance as one of your major networks, example KLPB 24 transmits off KLFY 10's tower about 4.5 miles from my residence
are you asking me or ejb?
For me the 2 PBS stations in Minneapolis (KTCA & KTCI) along with most of the full power stations transmit from the Shoreview "antenna farm" (which is just NE of Minneapolis). The low powered stations transmit on the top of the IDS building in downtown Minneapolis.

are you asking me or ejb?
For me the 2 PBS stations in Minneapolis (KTCA & KTCI) along with most of the full power stations transmit from the Shoreview "antenna farm" (which is just NE of Minneapolis). The low powered stations transmit on the top of the IDS building in downtown Minneapolis.
Sorry I was asking the guy from Carolina....

Sorry I was asking the guy from Carolina....

I don't live there anymore but I used to. WUNC Chapel Hill was about 12 miles from me, but not in my DMA. WUNL Winston-Salem was technically my DMA but over 60 miles and behind a hill. I was in the Greensboro DMA but had LOS to the Raleigh-Durham site.

Some DMAs in NC have two UNCTV towers within the DMA line. In those DMAs, one of the stations swapped the UNC Explore subchannel with the main UNCTV HD to get two signals on Dish Network. Directv carries both statewide. OTA, UNC Explore is usually xx-3 but Directv put it on xx-2 because they didn't carry the xx-2 UNC Kids channel. Time Warner Cable also has a 4th exclusive UNCTV "subchannel."

WUNC is not with the other Raleigh towers but they have a translator at the main site. The Greensboro DMA has towers in 2 spots... WUNL is north of Winston-Salem (near Pilot Mtn aka Mt. Pilot. Mt. Airy aka Mayberry is near there, too.) and was with the NBC affiliate. I could get my TV to find WUNL but it was never watchable. I only saw that NBC WXII twice for 15 minutes total.

There is a PBS WBRA Roanoke that had other stations at the same site but RF 3 at 85 miles isn't going to cut it. I could get CBS and ABC from that DMA, OTA. All full power Raleigh stations +AM21 + all the Greensboro DMA stations from the High Point site + a couple from VA also on Directv via SV = lots of locals ... Which also = the closest ABC to me wasn't my local but the Greensboro and Virginia ABC is on Directv. So dumb.

This is my Friday night...

As for now, there are 3 PBS in my DMA but 1 (WLED NH PBS) is behind the Green Mtns so there's no hope. WETK Burlington VT is with all of the other Champlain Valley towers on Mt Mansfield on the VT side. WCFE PBS Plattsburgh NY is the only TV station on its site in NY. I have LOS to the Mt Mansfield towers but not WCFE. They all come in fine. WCAX will flutter when a couple of cars go by. I don't know why but maybe because they are RF 22 and CBC is RF 21 and my antenna points toaward Montréal.

well after 2 months AntennaTV goes back to the favorite.
Buzzr just getting tired of the same shows. My god I've seen the Press Your Luck Christmas episodes 4 times now in 2 months

Buzzr is dropping like a rock in my "favorite" list...its just the same sorry episodes

AntennaTV is #1...by a LONG shot
MeTV would be #2

Worst is still the "big 3 crap ones"...Get, Grit and Movies!

Wish we could get Laff &/or Cozi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)