What is your primary source for TV?

What is your Primary source of TV?

• Total voters
We have E* platinum package and are quite happy with Dishnetwork, except for not being too happy about losing CourtTV, which is probably my wife's favorite channel with nothing added and a $10 rate hike coming next month. However, I do support Charlie in tough negotiations on price increases from programming providers.

We have too much invested in receivers, really, to switch to anything else. Two 721s which we own, two 622s which are leased for $199 each, and two leased 510s (not sure how much we paid for upfront lease fees).

Another choice could be FIOS, which if it becomes available in our area we will have to seriously consider. Especially if they add some more HD.

Which Provider do you have?

Which provider do you have for TV service?

I find it interesting that no one has voted FTA, yet a couple post lead me to beleive that is the case.

because we couldnt vote for 2 items. During the week StarChoice is my primary source for TV but come weekends when college hcokey is on, its FTA :)

Ok good point Ice. I should have made it where you could vote more than once.

Thanks all of you for your great input.
Keep 'em coming!!!

I seem to be one of the few who have cable. Was an E* sub for many years (about 9)...when I got the new HDTV last year I didn't want to drop a few hundered bucks on a new receiver and cable offered me the better option at the time. Now I'm looking at going back to either E* or D* once my promotional rate ends.

I have C-band (4dtv), OTA and FTA. I watch them pretty much in that order. I've got them tied together with a SageTV setup so it's pretty seamless. Well almost, my OTA comes through MyHD cards and I haven't set up the MyHD Sage encoder yet.

Sorry, I did a search and found something for just Cable. Oh well, I will merge the 2 then.

I'm going to make a note of all of this and start a new thread/poll if I can remember:) about this time next year. Just to see how much it changes.

I have C-band (4dtv), OTA and FTA. I watch them pretty much in that order. I've got them tied together with a SageTV setup so it's pretty seamless. Well almost, my OTA comes through MyHD cards and I haven't set up the MyHD Sage encoder yet.

Yeah I should have added C-Band/4DTV or both separte in the poll, I was thinking of FTA in my mind 'cause that is what I use C-Band for, but I know a few people that sub to things there.

I have had Dish and Direct and they both have their problems. I am with Direct now because I wanted to add an additional receiver and get HD. It was going to cost me with Dish and Direct would give it to me for free. Since I am old and frugal the choice was easy for me. I may switch back in a year or two if Dish comes up with a better deal.

It looks like this thread is starting to wind down. I just want to say thanks for all of your replys and input.

I thought the thread was dieing and Digital Dude comes up to the plate.
I will be real curious to see what happens if I run this same poll next year about this same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts