What kind of cables come with 622/722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When I got my 622 & 722 they just came with the composite (red, white, yellow) cables. My daughter just order a 722 and I want to alert her to what type of cable she is entitled too. Also, did someone say you can use the composite cables in place of the component video cables? "John"

She's going to get what you got. Ideally, she wants HDMI (if her TV accepts). If she is getting it installed, the installer MIGHT sell her and HDMI cheap, but I would not pay over $10.00 She should go to HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! for the cable. If she can only handle compoment, she could probably get one cheap from the installer as well.
Yes, SHORT composite cables can be used until she gets the real thing.

You can use the composite cables as component, but I believe they work as well. I have seen it done before. I would reccommend an HDMI cable though. You can find an HDMI cable for cheap.

I've received some receivers that come with composite, component, hdmi and all kind of cables. I've received some that come with nothing but the composite cables. Like everyone else said, buy your HDMI cable and be prepared. Monoprice is a very good place to buy them.

Actually the receiver comes with NO cables to connect the HD receiver to the HD input. Whatever is used is suppled by the installer. Suggestion if TV accepts HDMI buy one before the install.

That changes all the time. I have personally received both a 942 and a 622 direct from E* with a component, composite, HDMI to DVI and DVI to HDMI adapter. Was at a friends house when he got a 622 and inside the sealed box he only received a composite and a component cable. The 722 that I have came with component and composite only.

I just had a 622 installed on Monday. The installer provided a component video cable and, for the audio, he lopped the yellow plugs off of an A/V cable and used that LOL... He finished before I got home so I don't know what was "in the box." I asked about an HDMI cable and his response was:

"I don't usually carry those on my truck, and we mark them up like $40... I'd go and buy on on ebay for ten bucks."

I bought an HDMI cable and an optical audio cable from monoprice.com for less than $11 including priority mail shipping.

My 722 that I got in October '08 came with a nice set of component cables, and composite, no HDMI. I didn't need the component cables so I gave them to my dad. Was surprised to see them in the box, wasn't expecting anything other than composite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts