EA dish and an outdoor antenna.

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
To get this out of the way: I'm sorry if this has been discussed here before, I tried searching and couldn't find the answer.

Anywho, We have just gotten an EA dish installed. I have a CM 4221 in my attic. I can't find a good place to drill down to get the RG6 to the back of the television, so the cable has been draped across the floor. My wife was in a car wreck a month ago, she had some SERIOUS injuries and will have very limited mobility when she gets home. I want to do something about the tripping hazard (and try to get a better signal for some harder to reach channels) - and actually get something done around the house while she is away.

I've heard that it is possible to have the satellite feed and the antenna come in on the same coax. Is it as simple as connecting the antenna to the switch by the dish? What would I need (or get) to seperate the feed at the TV?

You need a set of diplexers made to work with ota and Dish sat signals (there are several types, you have to get the right set). Connect to a line going to the receiver after the switch (the ota signal will not be allowed through the switch) and separate at the back of the receiver, but before the separator if you are using one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)