What kind of deal can I get for coming back to DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matsalla

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I was with DirecTV from 2003-2006, and have been away for a year. I am looking to come back. I am interested in getting a HD DVR, and re-using my existing DirecTivo (SD). So far when I have called they have offered me the HD DVR for $99 (w/ free S&H), $10 off for 10 months, and an additional $10 off for 12 months. Free HD package for 12 months and HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for 6 months free.

Is this the best you all think I can get, or should I be able to get some of the other promotions like the AAA, longer Showtime or something else?

Thanks,
David

That's a really good deal. If you're willing to go with direct credit card charging you should be able to another $50 off. My son just hooked up and he also got a $10/mo HP discount since his girlfriend works at HP. Lastly, you should be able to get another $50 off if someone refers you (both the referee and refer get this discount). If you don't know anyone, I'll send you my accout # :). Good luck.

I was with DirecTV from 2003-2006, and have been away for a year. I am looking to come back. I am interested in getting a HD DVR, and re-using my existing DirecTivo (SD). So far when I have called they have offered me the HD DVR for $99 (w/ free S&H), $10 off for 10 months, and an additional $10 off for 12 months. Free HD package for 12 months and HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for 6 months free.

Is this the best you all think I can get, or should I be able to get some of the other promotions like the AAA, longer Showtime or something else?

Thanks,
David

better than i got for coming back. i just got a free hd receiver upgrade and i had to nicely ask for that.

Well I went through with the renewal (I had to call back since there was a computer problem when I tried to initially order) The rep entered the info into my notes originally. I guess when the 2nd person I talked to when I called back, entered the order, he gave me a credit for $99 in addition to the shipping credit. So it looks from looking on the online order summary, like I will be getting the HD DVR for free! :D

That is a very good offer - sounds like they are treating you as a new customer essentially.

Enjoy!

and WELCOME to the site!

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that if you had been gone from D* for over 6 months, they would treat you as a new customers anyway...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)