what kind of dish do I need?

danix

Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
(I have been a customer for 8 years and recently moved). I have a PVR501 which I love, and left my old dish back in NY (we're now in CA).

After much negotiating, I got dish to agree to give me a reasonable upgrade to HD, and match the offers they are giving new subscribers.

I was set on Dish 1000 + vip622, but I want to receive RTPi (148/121/61.5) and they said that I need a second dish. As it is, the vip622 is going to require lots of wiring, and I don't own this place.

They also wanted to charge me for install of the second dish.
Under dishmover (which I had), shouldn't they be installing both dishes for me, regardless of the upgrade?

If I can't get RTPi, I might as well go with DirectTV, which is already on the roof.
But I hate the idea of a second dish, as well as having to pay for it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

They also wanted to charge me for install of the second dish.
Under dishmover (which I had), shouldn't they be installing both dishes for me, regardless of the upgrade?

Did you have two dishes at the other location to get the RTPi channel? The only way I was able to get a free second dish install was when some of my locals were on a different satellite (148). Dish would come out and install it for free if requested.

Local Cut Off Postponed for Nebraska Game

Classes of Signals Impacted by Loss of 119 License

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)