Local Cut Off Postponed for Nebraska Game

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Big news for us in Nebraska. Our Senator make some calls and saved the locals for one more day.

They were going to cut off the Distant Locals last night but now they are going to delay until AFTER the Big 12 Game with Nebraska and Oklahoma.

I have many relative in the North Platte Nebraska DMA where all they get is one network (NBC), there is no option for there to get ABC in time if they cut it off last night.

Here is the story from the local paper. I have confirmed with 3 different people. NO ONE has lost there locals in this DMA as of 2PM CT Sat Dec 2nd. Some have called dish and they said they would not cut off for the game.

Opps wrong link

Here is the right one

http://www.nptelegraph.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17539993&BRD=377&PAG=461&dept_id=531813&rfi=6

Good for Nebraska. Too bad they're going to lose. :D

At least they will be able to watch the game. In Nebraska there is NO pro team for any sport. This is there pro and college team.

I have heard that some were up on the roof today putting up large back up antennas just in case the Senator failed. And its windy out today so, they may be putting there life at risk up there.

:DHey, maybe the Senator is a Dallas Cowboy Fan and he will keep the DNS on till after the Dallas/NY Giants game. Everybody watches America's Team anyway. :D

Big news for us in Nebraska. Our Senator make some calls and saved the locals for one more day.

They were going to cut off the Distant Locals last night but now they are going to delay until AFTER the Big 12 Game with Nebraska and Oklahoma.

I have many relative in the North Platte Nebraska DMA where all they get is one network (NBC), there is no option for there to get ABC in time if they cut it off last night.

Here is the story from the local paper. I have confirmed with 3 different people. NO ONE has lost there locals in this DMA as of 2PM CT Sat Dec 2nd. Some have called dish and they said they would not cut off for the game.

Opps wrong link

Here is the right one

http://www.nptelegraph.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17539993&BRD=377&PAG=461&dept_id=531813&rfi=6

Just have your Senator call the CEO of the Network.

I am sure they can work something out, after all some of the reason for this big mess is all the big business money going into compaigns and causing congress /FCC to vote one way or the other.

But really, call your congress man like Sat Guys has been asking, it really can help. Look at Nebraska.

That's not what the story says. In any event, the senators don't have the power to extend the deadline. Neither can ABC do anything about it. If your North Platte relatives weren't cut off then it was an oversight, direct defiance of the injunction by E*, or they actually have DirecTV. But I'm sure they're happy. Let us know how it turns out (the cutoff, that is - I can watch the game).

Opps wrong link

Here is the right one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)