what kind of dish do I need?

danix

Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
(I have been a customer for 8 years and recently moved). I have a PVR501 which I love, and left my old dish back in NY (we're now in CA).

After much negotiating, I got dish to agree to give me a reasonable upgrade to HD, and match the offers they are giving new subscribers.

I was set on Dish 1000 + vip622, but I want to receive RTPi (148/121/61.5) and they said that I need a second dish. As it is, the vip622 is going to require lots of wiring, and I don't own this place.

They also wanted to charge me for install of the second dish.
Under dishmover (which I had), shouldn't they be installing both dishes for me, regardless of the upgrade?

If I can't get RTPi, I might as well go with DirectTV, which is already on the roof.
But I hate the idea of a second dish, as well as having to pay for it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

They also wanted to charge me for install of the second dish.
Under dishmover (which I had), shouldn't they be installing both dishes for me, regardless of the upgrade?

Did you have two dishes at the other location to get the RTPi channel? The only way I was able to get a free second dish install was when some of my locals were on a different satellite (148). Dish would come out and install it for free if requested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)