What line of sight do I need?

JINXR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
I've been searching the forums for the last hour but can't find anything. I'm getting a 722 and will have HD. right now my locals aren't on HD so I'll do OTA. Which sats will I need to be pointed at? They said I'll need a 1000 dish, but I'm trying to find a place to pole mount and need to know my line of sight.

Thanks.

Thanks, that worked really well.

Where will the newest satellites be at? I want to make sure I'll be able to hit those as well.

So how do you know which satellites you need for different services? Is there a guide out there somewhere? I searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Where will the newest satellites be at? I want to make sure I'll be able to hit those as well.
We can't tell you what you might need without at least a longitude. Zip codes are very useful if you're not currently participating in a witness protection program.

My zip code is 72764. Sorry, I'm just now learning all about this. Thanks for all the help.

146 azimuth and 42 elevation for 72.7
152 azimuth and 44 elevation for 77
132 azimuth and 36 elevation for 61.5

That's for Eastern Arc

What is Eastern Arc? Is that where the new satellites will be positioned?

What is Eastern Arc? Is that where the new satellites will be positioned?
The new satellites will be replacing existing satellites at 110W and 129W. The satellites that are being replaced will be shifted around to help other slots or possibly to the Eastern Arc.

Suffice it to say that you don't need to worry about it for a while. If and when you do need a new setup, they'll let you know and, more than likely, install the new dish for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)