What makes a Dishpro LNB so special?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shilton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2003
:?:
Ok...seriously what makes the Dishpro LNB's so special. I'd love to do a dedicated dish to look at 121 (or 105) or wherever my locals end up and Dish says if you have Dishpro stuff, it cannot be done since their KU Band LNB is Dishpro only, etc. Surely someone makes the thing for them and I cannot imagine that this technology is so special that no one else duplicates it, etc.
Has anyone ever experimented with other KU Band LNB's with the DP34 switches, etc and if so, what has been the result.
I am sure with all the tech savvy users out there, someone must have tackled this task at some point.

I have dishpro lnb's with my 721 and 501. My understanding is these type lnb's have a built in switch that combines the 110 and 119 satellites, so that sw21's, dishpro adapters, etc are not needed to be combatible with the dishpro recievers.

DishPro LNBs are bandstacked, meaning the odd transponders are in the 950Mhz-1450Mhz range while the even transponders are in the 1650Mhz-2150Mhz range. DishPro LNBs are also DiSEqC 2.0 compatible which allows for 2-way communication between receivers, switches and LNBs. This also allows longer cable runs (up to 200 feet).

Aw... Scott told me that they were special becuase they were crafted by former Keebler Elves that got cut when Keebler reorganized some of their manufacturing plants. ;)

The DishPro don't have internal switches; as ats77627 said, they are bandstacked so that the even and odd transponders are available on a single cable at the same time. No switches inside the LNBF are needed since everything the LNBF is receiving is always being simultaneously sent out on the cable.

DishPro LNBFs and legacy siwtches cannot be mixed, and vice versa.

BarryO said:
The DishPro don't have internal switches;
The ones for 110-119 do, so each output can select 110 or 119 when doing direct runs from LNB to a receiver. But that is beyond the point.

Connected to a DP34 the DP LNBs revert to 110 on one output and 119 on the other, and a single bird DP LNB is (as has been said) simply stacked.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)