What month will Warner release it's last HD DVD?

What month will Warner release it's last HD DVD?

• February 2008

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • March 2008

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • April 2008

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 2008 - because they are committed to

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • May 2008 - because they can sell enough discs to make it worthwhile

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Will Warner continue as previously announced, and publish titles in the HD DVD format thru May? Or now that Toshiba has folded their tent, are all such commitments moot? Would they sell many in that format now, anyway?

Actually, come to think of it, isn't Toshiba ending all HD DVD disc production in March? Why would anyone else continue production? It may be a decision that's out of Warner's hands.

Why stock up on an HD DVD disc when the BD version is either already available, or is likely to be in the near future? The discs are no cheaper. Of course, when that closeout sale is on at K-Mart, and all the HD DVD discs are marked down for final sale (memories of the last days of the 8 track intrude)......

Actually, come to think of it, isn't Toshiba ending all HD DVD disc production in March? Why would anyone else continue production? It may be a decision that's out of Warner's hands.

Why stock up on an HD DVD disc when the BD version is either already available, or is likely to be in the near future? The discs are no cheaper. Of course, when that closeout sale is on at K-Mart, and all the HD DVD discs are marked down for final sale (memories of the last days of the 8 track intrude)......

My guess is that the hard coe HD DVD crowd will stock up crowing about the uperiority of their format etc.

I think this because I did the same thing with quad. Now all I have to show for it is a bunch of funny looking vinyl.

Dunno. When laser folded, they promised a 1 year continued Disc production. The new titles ceased within 3 months, probably what was in the queue.

The real problem was that the fire sales started immediately, and by the end of the first month there was nobody left selling new stock anymore. I expect to see the stuff remaindered by this weekend.

The real question is not if it is going to be produced, but rather where are you going to buy it from?

I don't think there will be close out sale on the HDDVD discs, the studios will pull them back and recycle them into Blurays disks.

That was one of the good thing about the discs, while Bluray are bad for the enviroment because to that special coating and are non recyclable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)