AMIKO What Number Goes into Motor "Position" using ASC1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a long time 4DTV, BUD, C & Ku lnb's guy. Now I have an Amiko A3 and ASCi positoner to replace the 922 receiver. I'll be changing out the 922 for the ASC1 tomorrow. When setting up the motor on the A3, what number do I put in for a sat? A count from the ASC1 or just a number for the satellite starting at 01? (Thought I read somewhere that the Motor Position is a 2 digit number.)

I read through the ASC manual and it seems relatively straightforward to manually set up the sats. But I also read that I really don't have to do that. Start with one sat, say the westernmost sat, and let the receiver do the rest based on the position in the Clark Belt. The 922 used the positions of the far West and the far East sats to position all sats inbetween.

Using the 922, thought I would drive the dish to a little past the sat at 135 deg. Then replace the 922 with the ASC1. I know what all of the counts are for each sat. Then use the ASC1 to drive the dish to the 135 degree sat. Call that position 01 in the A3. Is that correct? Then what?

Appreciate your help.

Joe

You may enter any number between 1 - 99 and assign it to any satellite. This is your choice.

Park the 4DTV on 135W then swap to the ASC1. Select 135W on the A3 and set motor type DiSEqC 1.2 and assign a motor position number 1 - 99. Using the A3, bump the dish East/West to optimize the Signal Quality on an active transponder (if you have a servo motor for Polarity/Skew, optimize with the ASC1 front panel or remote control controls for both horizontal and vertical transponders) then Save the position using the A3.

Notice that the ASC1 polarity selection (if selected) will manually override the receiver's polarity selection. If not making polarity skew offset adjustment, it is best practice not to select (highlight) the horizontal or vertical polarity on the ASC1 GUI.

Select next satellite in the A3, set motor type to DiSEqC 1.2, assign a different motor position number. Using the A3, move the dish East to optimize the Signal Quality on an active transp[onder (if you have a servo motor for Polarity/Skew, optimize with the ASC1 front panel or remote control controls for both horizontal and vertical transponders) then Save the position using the A3.

Repeat for each satellite position. If C and KU bands are programmed for the same dish position, use the same DiSEqC 1.2 motor position number.

Last edited:
The A3 only uses positions 1-60 for satellite slots. It was said that they will expend this to 1-99, but as of now my A3 only works with 1-60.

Reactions: Titanium
I've got the .68 dev ROM and checked, still topped out at 60. I wish it went to 99. I've always assigned positions by their orbital slot, e.g. 107°=07, 99°=99, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)