What programming can I get with a 811

ron2nd

Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
I am looking at switching back to Dish after being away for 5 years. I have a 811 and and 508 reciever that i purchased outright. What are my options . 1st what programming can I get with these older reciever and dvr? I have a HDTV and a Standard TV. I have no sat dish so I would need to get one of those and what type. Am I better off signing up and leasing their new HD Dvr reciever. Thanks

Ron

The 811 is an older MPEG2 HD receiver. You can get the same programming as on your 508 (all SD programming), but as far as I know all Dish's HD programming is now in MPEG4. Your 811 can no longer be used for DishHD. You need a new HD receiver to receive their HD programming. A 722 will do the same thing as your 811 used to and that your 508 does (Two TV's, one HD, DVR on both) and will cost you $5 less per month if it's plugged into a phone line or broadband connection.

The OTA will still work with your 811. If you have that then you can get your locals in HD. As far as what Dish will supply will only be sd channels. Neither the 508 or the 811 will work with anything supplied via 72 or 77 sat locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)