What Programming do we want now?

Would add TNT-HD to poll. Tops my list too. InHD does have some regional games on, so I don't know how that would be handled (single national feed?)

33 People votes for Sci Fi and no one mentioned it???

I prefer more HD channels too, but SD Sci Fi I could do. HDNet would be nice, never seen InHD before.

I really think they need to carry Sci Fi, when the new seasons start in June it will be more of an issue.

I do hear that Sci Fi is expensive to run and probably pricey to carry also.

More sports!

I want to see NFL Sunday Ticket (I know, it's not gonna happen but you asked what I wanted...) first. Then I'd like to see the YES network so I can watch the Yanks.

Other than that, I'd be happy. I would like to see the BBC but I can live without it if I have to. The wife would like to see HGTV but she's can live without it.

The Rickster

slffl said:
Before we see another sports channel or news channel, we had better see FOOD!!!!
Are you hungry? Open up the refrigerator, there just MIGHT be some food in there! ;) I hope you don't starve waiting. :D

Back on topic, I like Sci-Fi and hope they are one of the next channels to go HD. :yes

The Food Channel rocks...Except for Emirel. He is so overexposed...BAM! has so jumped the shark. As far as whats on the channel? "Good Eats" is a very entertaining and infomative show...Alton Brown is the king. "Olivers Kitchen" is very good. Mario Vitali is great, and so are a host of other chefs. Lets also not forget about the "Iron Chef". Never in my life did I think a Japanese cook off, translated into english would be so entertaining...but it is. Also Bobby Flay is pretty good if you can get past how smarmy he is. Anyway...I havn't seen much of the Food Network since I subscribed to Voom so my meals lately have consisted of take-out, PBJs, and Fast food. Not good times. I want my Food T.V.!!!

-Chris

Personally I could care less about any SD channels, I barely watch them anyhow. All I want is more HD content, and every possible HD channel out there.

Amen, brother!

Add USA Network to the survey...

I spoke with a CSR yesterday (finally signed up for install, got a date of the 11th). He assured me they were in negotiations with USA, and it would be a basic component once a deal was reached. I'm sure this is a "routine" answer, but he sounded convincing.

As far as programming goes, I prefer HD, no doubt, but saying you won't watch anything else is a little extreme, IMHO. That's like choosing a Slim Whitman concert over Bruce Springsteen just because you can get better seats.

I voted before INHD and HDNet were added to the poll, but I would definitely like those added. Basically, anything in HD would be my first choice.

Among SD channels, I would like to see BBC America and the Sundance Channel.

On another programming note, I love the way Voom organizes its channels by subject matter. I hope they continue to do that as they add channels (and it looks like they can, given the amount of blank channel numbers in certain areas). DirecTV, and my old analog cable system before that, just sort of threw channels up in seemingly random order. I remember with DirecTV, if I wanted to check out the news, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc., were nowhere near each other. Voom makes it so much easier to flip between similar channels until you find something you like. For me, this more than makes up for the fact that the remote has only one favorites list.

My kids would like to see the rest of the Nick ch's...Nick2 and ToonNick. My wife would like to see DYI...Do it yourself Network. And i would like to see INHD1 and 2. That would really round out VOOM for my family....Oh yeah my wife just informed me that QVC is not on VOOM.

This is too funny! 10 people have voted for the Biography channel and we already have it.

ditto on "Touching Evil", dennis

I'm with you, dennis. I signed up for install on the 11th, I hope V* adds USA by then or I'll be paying for two services, at least until this season of "Touching Evil" is done. Great show, and it's on in about an hour. :) :) :) :)

Well... I want my Food Network! And Scifi! And USA! And Sundance! And TechTV! And... all those damn religious networks.

Just kidding about the religious networks... isn't odd that Directv as all the religious networks?

HGTV and the FoodNetwork (WAF) will enable me to put VOOM all throughout the house when their DVR/networking option is available this Fall, for now, my May 3 install is only for our HT in the basement. I can't wait!

TechCop said:
As far as programming goes, I prefer HD, no doubt, but saying you won't watch anything else is a little extreme, IMHO. That's like choosing a Slim Whitman concert over Bruce Springsteen just because you can get better seats.

Following this same philosophy a bit, I'd like to put in a vote for more variety in the HD channels we already have. World sport and others could be much more interesting with more diversity and fewer repeats.

I'm keen to get HGTV for the WAF and so I can finally say adios to cable. I do have concerns,however, making that move given the rain fade issue (in very gentle rain in Los Angeles) I experienced the only time it rained here since my VOOM install. After all, what are a lot of people who are at home likely to do when it's raining? Well OK, middle aged people with kids anyway. :D