What To Do Now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bradley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
What to do now?

Your stance will be a clear indicator to VOOM HD LLC and CVC.

Vote.

Check out your cable company if it offers HD until D* and E* gets their butts in gear about HD, that way you are not stuck in a contract if you are unhappy with the service.
Also see if cable company offers leased HD-DVR, makes a difference for weird work schedule.

bruce said:
Check out your cable company if it offers HD until D* and E* gets their butts in gear about HD, that way you are not stuck in a contract if you are unhappy with the service.
Also see if cable company offers leased HD-DVR, makes a difference for weird work schedule.
I think my local TWC has the sweetest deal without Voom as an option. HDDVR for $9.95/mo, no contract, HBOHD, ShowtimeHD, 2 HDNETs, 2 INHDs, ESPNHD, TNTHD, Discovery HD, TNTHD, FoxSportsHD, All locals HD, etc. 15 HD channels in all plus video on demand, PPV, etc. It ain't Voom but Voom ain't Voom soon either. I just hope the PQ is good. They even have a 30-day money back guarantee if you aren't happy.

I will stay to the end as long as Voom keeps the majority of the programming going. After that I will probably go to Comcast, but I will try to take my time and see if I can get a reasonable upgrade offer (I have their limited basic with Cable Modem).

Dish or Direct would have to make an offer so good that I doubt I'd ever see them come anywhere close.

I think its OTA for me...

My "basic cable" choices:

Dish - 5 HD channels including TNT-HD on a "quality" 811 box
DTV - 5 HD channels including UHD all in HdLite(tm)
Comcr@p - 5 HD channels including Comcast SportsNet

All - Discovery HD, ESPNHD, INHD1/2 or HDNET1/2

Dish/DTV ~$50/month and can use OTA
Comcr@p - ~$65/month no OTA, but has very limited (4) HD locals

Great choices, eh?

-John

jame_g said:
I will stay to the end as long as Voom keeps the majority of the programming going. After that I will probably go to Comcast, but I will try to take my time and see if I can get a reasonable upgrade offer (I have their limited basic with Cable Modem).

Dish or Direct would have to make an offer so good that I doubt I'd ever see them come anywhere close.

Yeah, but comcast just keeps raising those rates.. I had their HD for a while and it sucked. They didnt carry enough to make it worth the $10/mo they wanted for the box.

I'm waiting till the end then I'll go grey market with Bell ExpressVu. At least they have 17 HD channels.

ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS both from Boston and Seattle
CTV from Toronto & Vancouver
WGN-Chicago (the real WB one, not the cable version)
The Sports Network
Rogers Sportsnet
Discovery Channel
M-HD (or) Movie Central-HD

bryan27 said:
All comass here has is ESPN, KDKA, & WQED :eek: Whopee, 2 of those I get OTA.
In pittsburgh we get KDKA,WTAE,WQED, ESPN, INHD1&2.. I've seen rumors that they added WPXI, and are still working on WPGH (Sinclair owned) but it stil doesnt show in the channel listing on the website.

jgantert said:
I think its OTA for me...

My "basic cable" choices:

Dish - 5 HD channels including TNT-HD on a "quality" 811 box
DTV - 5 HD channels including UHD all in HdLite(tm)
Comcr@p - 5 HD channels including Comcast SportsNet

All - Discovery HD, ESPNHD, INHD1/2 or HDNET1/2

Dish/DTV ~$50/month and can use OTA
Comcr@p - ~$65/month no OTA, but has very limited (4) HD locals

Great choices, eh?

-John

ya your in the same boat as I am, but instead of comcast i got adelphia

it has 5 local channels, which i'd probubly just use my tv to get, since then i'd get WB and UPN also in HD, and then ESPN, HBO, and Showtime. ESPN alone costs me 9.95 on top of there regular package.

Now my only option for TNT (lakers) is Dishnetwork, but i know they aren't doing much in the future. Direct TV is there, no TNT, but its got universal, but picture quality sucks.

please tell me there's some hidden service out there that i'm not aware of.

Im thinking about going Directv and getting the tivo. Cox cable in our area only has inhd 1&2, hbo, starz, showtime, espn, universal, and pbs with a hd-dvr. Im betting that I will see more on directv when the new sats go up compared to the Cable company.

z71tahoe193 said:
Im thinking about going Directv and getting the tivo. Cox cable in our area only has inhd 1&2, hbo, starz, showtime, espn, universal, and pbs with a hd-dvr. Im betting that I will see more on directv when the new sats go up compared to the Cable company.
I wouldnt get stuck in a contract until you know when and what will be available.

bruce said:

I think that is the route that I will probably take. I will get my locals and a handful of other hd channels. I have read so many negative things about both DirectTV and Dish that I do not have any desire to go with them. I might have chosen to go with just ota for awhile, but I cannot get NBC without a big antenna with a rotor. We do need some more pratical discussion of which direction former voomers should go.

I'll probably go back to D* since I have not disconnected it yet. I am grandfathered in for all the DNS HDs, so I'll have 8 channels of network HD lite plus whatever other HD channels D* offers. I really hate to get their HD box that will be obsolete in a few months.

Even though I only had Voom for 5 weeks, I have enjoyed it every momemnt I turned on TV. Oh those wonderful Equator, Kungfu, Rave channels. I'll enjoy them until they turn the light off my plasma TV.

:no :eek: :shocked :mad:

checked out direct tv, and comcast@ bestbuy

I checked out direct tv and comcast@ bestbuy Niether comes close to voom in picture quality even the sd channles are more clear on voom

So PLEASE keep ALIVE, Besides I told my wife voom may be over......
she got all teary eyed(really!!!) So Mr.Dolan please keep voom alive I cant bear to see my wife so upset.

I say upgrade to VaVaVoom and ride it out :)

If Voom goes dark I'm back to SD cable for now. Cox HD isn't worth the $$, DVR or not.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts