what receiver do i need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well since Marquette is a MPEG4 only market there is no "SD" option. You'll get a HD receiver as the Big4 Nets are in HD...CW, PBS and My Network (19) are in MPEG4SD
In those markets you do not need to sub to HD....you can get just SD but the locals will be in HD

stations you'll get
WJMN-HD
WBKP-SD
WLUC-HD
FOX-They say HD but they only broadcast at 480i so maybe 480 widescreen??
WBUP-HD
WNMU-SD
WNMU2-PBS HD
WZMQ-SD

forgot to mention when you order equipment if you wanted equipment past the free 2 receivers you order a SD receiver and they automatically upgrade you to a HD version

but what models of HD only receivers are out there besides the H24?
Do they still use H21,22,23 like they do the DVR version or what models are there

Solidsignal still shows the other H2x receivers, but they are not available.

Maybe the D12 would work?
D12 is not an Mpeg 4 receiver. It will not see anything from the 99 or 103.
If his locals are on the 101 or 119 then he can use a D12.

Directv will give him the H20,21,23 and maybe H24. Plus He'll need a slimline.

If they are in a Mpeg4 market they will get HD Equipment at SD equipment prices.

aka 69 instead of 99 for HD box

99 instead of 199 for HDDVR the trick is just to tell the agent to order sd equipment to order system will make auto correct the order and say (HD capable ) by it on the line items when they add it.

i would like no contract,locals only package if possible,using my own equipment .that's why i was asking about the receivers.i have a dish. i'm looking to set something up at my deer camp for a couple of months.i already have dish at my home 4 rooms.does direct tv charge a activation fee like dish if you don't commit?

Good luck as I don't think you are going to be able to do any of that. You would be better off getting an antenna and a digital tuner or a TV with one built-in.

i would like no contract,locals only package if possible,using my own equipment .that's why i was asking about the receivers.i have a dish. i'm looking to set something up at my deer camp for a couple of months.i already have dish at my home 4 rooms.does direct tv charge a activation fee like dish if you don't commit?

last time I checked, Direct does not offer a locals only "package". Dish will give them to you, Mine costs $16.79/mo with taxes. They waived the activation fee for me. YMMV.

Regards, Eric

Directv requires a base package and there is a contract

Since you already have E* why dont you just take one receiver to the deer camp?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)