What sat's for new SD customer in NC?

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
Trying to advise the parents (technical ability == VCR that blinks 12:00)...

they want to go from Basic cable to Standard. I think Dish would be a better deal for them, but not familiar with the SD side of things... (I have the HD-only package)

I know the new Eastern Arc takes 129 out of the picture for folks in my area (Ral NC) and I personally have lots of rain fade with 129.. I don't think that would be acceptable to my parents... Does EA have an SD version as well that would allow them to avoid 129?

It looks like the 625 is the SD equivalent of the 622/722 DVR?

It looks like they can get AT100 + locals + DVR for 39.99/month... as far as I can see that is a standard price.. ie. no 10-20 month rebate type of thing where there would be a price increase when the rebate ends.

thanks,
Mike

SD customers don't need to see 61.5W or 129W; just 110W and 119W. EA doesn't come into play for SD customers.

The price will be closer to $44 with $5 locals and $5.98 DVR fee.

They'll need to decide if WRAY and/or WRPX are important.

Note that there is much buzzing about the difficulty in getting an SD DVR these days.

Why not have them get a 622 but no HD package? They could future proof their investment that way, and all the EA stuff would work as well.

Ted

Then you have to add an additional $7 HD enabling charge to the bill each month.

Is that true if they are getting the HD locals which they would if they had a 622 and the HD locals package? That is, do you now have to get TurboHD Bronze to get locals in HD?

Ted

[edit] Looks like you are right, as long as you believe DishBuilder.

Last edited:
SD customers don't need to see 61.5W or 129W; just 110W and 119W. EA doesn't come into play for SD customers.

The price will be closer to $44 with $5 locals and $5.98 DVR fee.

They'll need to decide if WRAY and/or WRPX are important.

Note that there is much buzzing about the difficulty in getting an SD DVR these days.

Curiously, if you go thru the online configurator, it shows 39.99. Configurator seems sick now. (it won't add a DVR), but I think it said something about a 3.99 discount..

Monthly Fees
America's Top 100 $30.39
Raleigh-Durham, NC DMA Package $5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.60

Monthly Total Price $39.99

As for getting a HD DVR... I just don't see HD happening for them.. certainly not anytime soon... we're talking about 2 TV's under 27" and 10-15 years old. It pains every geeky cell in my body, but it is what it is :)

thanks for the info everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts