What sends the control signal?

mewalden

Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I recorded from the guide, by selecting a program, etc. What I expected to happen is that the receiver box would turn on the VCR at the right time, and then turn it off at the right time, as it always has. I was recording channel 6 from midnight to 2AM, Sunday, November 2. Dish doesn't update automatically until 3AM. One program before midnight recorded successfully. The program on channel 6 recorded successfully. However, the receiver didn't turn off the VCR, so it kept on running to the end of the tape. I saw from the tape that channel 6 went off the air after the M-2AM program, then back on a couple of hours later. The problem was not dish updating at 3AM, since that would have recorded a dish query screen and then the dish screen-saver logo, which I didn't see.

So, this might have been explained if somehow channel 6 has a role in sending a signal to dish that the program is finished. I had assumed the signal came from program guide info.

What happened?

I think you got caught in the change from daylight to standard time. If you looked at the guide for this week prior to the change, all of the shows appeared one hour earlier than normal. After the change they were correct. You were recording during the change.

Jim

622/722 Two Way Remote Support?

HBO (300) Technical Difficulties

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)