What size of Dish do I need?

commnett

Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I am in the southern most island in the Caribbean. I have seen on you forums that it is possible to get Dish Network service where i am located, that i just need a large enough dish. I already subscription with dish network and would be using their reciever but i just need to know what kind of dish that i should use with this system and where to point it.

Tanks :)

From other posts it looks like a minimum 6' dish to get reliable signal and bigger if you can afford it. You need 1 dish for each satellite you want to receive. 61.5 /110/119 will require 3 dishes and switches to combine/access signals.

What kind of 6' dish should i get. I am doing some research and the only dish that i see that is compatable with the Dish network equipment is the wine.... (something) type satellie dish. Do you recommned this type of offset dish.

I don't know in what part of the Caribbean you live ,But here in Puerto Rico we use a setup like this:

100_0626.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0625.jpg

The setup is a combine 2 4' for 119 & 110 and a 6' Channel Master for 61.5(Prodelyn will do the job too)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Technoguy. What brand of dish that you all use ? I am from Trinidad and Tobago actually. Do your dishes use the dish network receiver that they provide or do I need another reciever for the job ??. Also in your post above is that two 4' dish that you speak off or a 24' dish?

Thanks

Thanks for the information Technoguy. What brand of dish that you all use ? I am from Trinidad and Tobago actually. Do your dishes use the dish network receiver that they provide or do I need another reciever for the job ??. Also in your post above is that two 4' dish that you speak off or a 24' dish?

Thanks

Because I work with the largest retailer on the Island, He's able to order the dishes with the requirements Dishnetwork have with the States or Territories out of the Sats footprint such Alaska,Hawaii and Us,The 4' are build in China and the 6' we buy from Channel Master and Prodelyn.Other than the dishes(We don't need to comply with the 1 dish rule because the mentioned above) all setups are pretty much the same that the guys(DNS or Retaliers) do on the Continent.All the receivers we use comes from Dishnetowrk.

I am in the southern most island in the Caribbean. I have seen on you forums that it is possible to get Dish Network service where i am located, that i just need a large enough dish. I already subscription with dish network and would be using their reciever but i just need to know what kind of dish that i should use with this system and where to point it.

Tanks :)

Do a web search for "latin america dbs" using Yahoo . There is a guy in your area that uses the name "Rafael". He is "the" expert on all types of antenna installations in your area.

Where can i get a 6' or 8' offset dish to buy? I am searching the internet but i am only getting 8' mesh dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)