What Specials Now From E*

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
dishoffer.gif

Now that 3/31/04 has passed, what are the special offers taking place of the expired ones?

Have you gotten a super dish for Lincoln locals yet? Just curious. I went over to Zager to pay my bill and I saw the mug. It's huge.

I'm thinking of getting one just because it's free with locals. I'm not sure how it would workout. I really don't need one yet, as I get all my OTA and HD fine via antenna. I'm curious to watch KHAS for a while, being that I'm from just North of Grand Island.

GaryPen said:
Has anyone else gotten an exisiting sub deal on a 510 for less than $99?

In December, when I ordered both the 811 and 510, the 510 deal was $99 with a 1 year commitment or free with a 2 year comitment. I opted for latter.

re: superdish

I said WTF and called E* to get the superdish. Installation is set for next wednesday PM. Free with CCA and 1 year commitment. After almost 7 years with them, what's another year?

Are you going to mount it on your roof? I want too but it's huge. Hope the wind don't knock it down. I kinda want to get one because my 500 dish seems to have issues when it's windy. If the lnb blows just a cm it seems to break the picture up. I'm hoping that with superdish it may not as much since it looks really sturdy.

I have put in quite a few super dishes in the Kansas area and I have found that if you do a roof mount make sure the installer puts in the extra support legs (makes it a tripod type setup like primestar used to use, without it you may have some service issues, I have seen more than one lose signal in 30 mph winds and it is usually due to the roof mount coming loose, if you can't get the extra support arms then put it on a 2"" pole on the ground, but be aware, if kids or critters bump it hard enough it will tweek out.

I'm putting the SD where the 500 is, right next to the electric meter and phone box bolted to the concrete wall at about four feet off the ground. If everyone likes to see installs, I can take pictures.

GaryPen said:
I just called CS, and they told me I can get a 510 for $99. I have no idea if this is an old deal, a new deal, or even if it's a good deal!

yeah it's $99, if you commit to 1 year and send back your old receiver! :shocked :eek:

A good deal, but could it be that the CSR made a mistake (in my favor)?

I called Dish in mid-March and asked about what deals they had for me since I was a "lease" customer. I was interested in DVR/PVR and Hi-def solutions. The CSR offered to upgrade me to a 510 DVR/PVR receiver for $99 installed and an 811 hi-def receiver for FREE :shocked installed. She also offered me 2 more 301 standard receivers for free as well (I took 1 for my son's room). Needless to say I took the deal. A week later they were installed; upgrading my old legacy receivers (which the installers took with them) and installing the new 301 in my son's room.

So I got:

1 811 hi-def
1 510 DVR/PVR
1 301 standard rec.

all for $99 installed/upgraded.

GaryPen said:
I just called CS, and they told me I can get a 510 for $99. I have no idea if this is an old deal, a new deal, or even if it's a good deal!

In November 2003, I extended my commitment for 2 years and was given a Free 510, a Free additional SW64, 3 Free splitter to split the 110,119, and 61.5 feeds, and all necessary cabling and installation.

I figure I got $700 of hardware and labor for nothing more than promising that I won't go anywhere for 2 years......

gredneck said:
yeah it's $99, if you commit to 1 year and send back your old receiver! :shocked :eek:

Or add the receiver for a month in addition to what you have and deactivate one of the old receivers a month later to avoid giving back your old receiver (this really pays off with some receivers like the Dishplayer which STILL fetch $250-400 on Ebay)

just called dish
the csr new jack about anything.
$149 for an 811.
I asked him $149 and thats it he said yes.
I said are you sure?
I didn't want to go through what I did w/ the 510 promo
he put me on hold for 10-15 minutes, came back and said O.K. your order for a
811 is all set should be in about 4-6 weeks.
I then said wait a minute, you had me on hold all this time checking on "resources" about the $149 811 deal whether it was a swap out or an outright
purchase, he couldn't give me an answer.
then he finally said oh yeah, you'll trade in your 301 for it :confused:
I don't know much, but I do know thats not a legacy receiver :confused:
looks like I'll be calling in tommorrow for some clarity :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)