What switch to do I need?

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
I currently have a 522 and a 322. There are 4 cables coming off the dish - 2 go to the 522 and 2 go to the 322. I would like to upgrade the 522 to a 622/722. The cables going to the 522 are wired in the wall and terminated up in the attic. I would like to use one of the two cables to connect to an OTA antenna or cable feed and the other for the feed from the dish (rather than 2 feeding from the dish).

Keeping in mind that I would like to upgrade to HD (which would require replacing my dish, I think), what additional switch model(s) would I need to accomplish my goal or is what I want simply not possible?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I didn't see this particular question in a brief search).

Thanks!

-TS

if you get dish 1000.2 then the switch build in, if you go with wing dish then it would be DPP 44 switch

Replace the Quad with a DPP Twin, and use a DPP Separator behind each receiver. The second line will be freed for both. When you add HD, the LNB for 129° or 61.5° (depending on your location) will feed into the input of the DPP Twin.

Go with a DPP twin on your existing dish and add a seperate dish for whatever bird your HD channels are on. This way you should get a little better signal strength for HD and can use a single wire to each receiver box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts