What the best due band C and Ku LNBF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I am thinking for sometimes going to minibud DXing fun! :hungry. I miss C band so much even though I may not get many stations on my small dish 1.1 m. Nevertheless I want coverage ranges to be C band 3.4 to 4.2 GHz and 10.7 to 12.75 GHz. Must come with scaller for my offset dish. Did not realize LNBF are suprizing cheap these days. But want good quality LNBF. Must be $ 50 to $ 125 ranges. The noise floor must be nice and low with little drifting as possible.:). Plan on buying new babies sometime in September. Any informations about on new LNBF would be helpful.:biggrin

A C/KU LNBF, C/KU feedhorn (servo or orthmode) will provide poor performance on a mini or micro BUD. If you think that C-band reception is difficult on an undersized reflector, just add a compromise feed...

I personally wouldn't bother with trying a combo feed with a 1.1m reflector. It could be optimized for C or KU, but not for both. If I was going to experiment with C-band on a 1.1m, I would use a servo polarity C-band (for ease of optimization to attenuate adjacent satellite interference - if you have one on hand), or use an inexpensive quality LNBF. Either feed, use a conical scalar to properly illuminate the higher FD reflector.

No C-band DXing with a 1.1m... you will be lucky to receive even the strongest transponders in the middle of their footprint! LOL

If you put the cband lnbf in the sweet spot you can get a ku lnbf side mounted to get ku band about 8 to 10 degrees off the main lnbf. Ku is forgiving with the lnbf mounted out of the sweet spot. I just play around with the orbital position in the settings to get the Ku to move to the desired location. This will take trial and error to determine how much east or west the lnbf if offset. My experiences on a 90cm dish with cband is over as the few channels I could get were not the good ones. You are mainly limited to dvb-s and a fec of about 3/4.

Sent from my LG-M153 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Or look up some of my previous posts. I have a c band lnbf that is 10 degrees off i still get a good signal.

Thanks for all the info and the inputs opinions on Mini Bud's. The problem is I am stuck in HOA and no room for nice BUD. Unless I win a lottery and buy a nice place with few acres of land for BUD and big ham radio antennas to be had with.:bow:hungry2

Thanks for all the info and the inputs opinions on Mini Bud's. The problem is I am stuck in HOA and no room for nice BUD. Unless I win a lottery and buy a nice place with few acres of land for BUD and big ham radio antennas to be had with.:bow:hungry2

If i was in your position, I would ignore the HOA and put in a 8 footer. Just fence it in so it cannot be seen by anyone.

Don't know about that. That's little tight to fit in with my 1.1 m dish and 3 vertical mag mount ham antennas in my little backyard.:biggrin. But the good thing my next door neighbor don't seem to care. This is typical New Mexico culture hardly any is eyesore cry babies around here. That I know of.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)