What the best OTA HDTV Antenna for camping?

micbur

Original poster
May 2, 2008
Just curious if there are any recommendations for HDTV antenna that can be used for camping....inexpensive but small enough for travel

You are asking a big question. It depends on the area you are camping in what type of signal you are getting from the transmitters. VHF or UHF, full strength or low power, flat land or mountainous. Provide a little more about your camping plans and someone will chime in with ideas.

My one comment is that almost anything will be better than the ones that come built in on RVs.

I apologize for being so vague but areas that we normally camp are in the north Georgia mountains....Cloudland Canyon SP, Helen GA and extreme NE Georgia. But we do travel to the coast...Savannah and St Marys Georgia along with Florida (Atlantic Coast and the Panhandle)

Looking for a good general HDTV OTA antenna.

Have seen comments about Phillips MANT950 Antenna as being a good all around antenna for my purpose.

We camp in a pop-up camper so this is a 2 weekend a month investment I am looking to make.

I'll second the HD-1080 as small and for me works at 60 miles over flat land. $32.99 is a great price. The only thing is your experience may vary by your circumstances.

Do you use an amplifier with your HD1080 and which one?

Thanks
I don't on that Antenna . I can get about 50 miles away on a flat service but that's not always the case . It's small and cheap and that's why I like it . I'm sure an amp could only help it . Others will have to recommend one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)